x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabsdomestic-supply
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals
Sarms for SaleNeed To Build Muscle INC.

Strength without Size or Size without Strength ? ?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Strength without Size or Size without Strength ? ? within the Anabolic Steroids category.

Excerpt: Have you ever seen these little dudes at the gym who are skinny as hell and lifting pretty serious weight around with good form? Are they on tren? what the hell? I mean Im not talking about a guy with a decent muscle base on his frame I am talking about the dude with 14 inch arms, no chest, no shoulders, ribs showing thru his shirt and benching 250 lbs with good form. I know most people would agree that in order to get bigger you have to get stronger ......but sometimes people just keep

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Good Broly

Strength without Size or Size without Strength ? ?

Have you ever seen these little dudes at the gym who are skinny as hell and lifting pretty serious weight around with good form?

Are they on tren? what the hell? I mean Im not talking about a guy with a decent muscle base on his frame I am talking about the dude with 14 inch arms, no chest, no shoulders, ribs showing thru his shirt and benching 250 lbs with good form.

I know most people would agree that in order to get bigger you have to get stronger ......but sometimes people just keep getting stronger without their muscles growing? how is this possible?

There are a handful of dudes I see at my gym and it's like they are getting stronger and stronger but they arent getting bigger. And they dont train with each other so they cant all be on tren. In fact I would say that none of them are even juicing because they dont have any muscle on them! Is that just genetics?

Re: Strength without Size or Size without Strength ? ?

it also works the other way though because theres people at my gym who are big guys who cant lift weights for shit.

Good Broly

Quote Quote posted by C Manson View Post
    it also works the other way though because theres people at my gym who are big guys who cant lift weights for shit.
    exactly true as well that is why I titled the thread Strength without Size or Size without Strength because it works both ways. I see some big guys and not as in "fat" i mean i also see some seriously built dudes who are very weak and obviously not in contest prep and not dieting and not just lifting light for the hell of it. Just like C Manson said some guys are jacked and cant lift poundages for shit..

Sooo true... There is a guy at my gym who is hella small and he benches 3 plates a side!! I'm like wtf!!

Big_BK

Alot has to do with genetics, even if they are juicing its only gonna untap what they are genetically made for if you know what im saying. I outlift pretty much every person regardless of size at my gym when it comes to legs but i could be out benched by a 150lbs kid!

i guess it has a lot to do with genetics but in a different way that i struggle through squats cos im 6.5 its the actually muscle tissue itself.

HAHA this is so funny cause i was thinkin the same thing the other day! there is this dude that trains the same time as me most days , just a average looking guy in Clothes you wouldnt think he lifts, any way the guy is strong as fuck! i cant belive it.
    But it means shit how strong you are . id take size and shape over strength any day

Amateur Bodybuilder maxspeed96ct's Avatar

ya i wonderded the same thing before.

I on the other hand have huge bi's and tri's. Shoulders are bad either.
    Ive been this way since I started lifting.

But my chest or traps are impossible for me to gain size on...

This has more to do with neurological efficiency and fyber makeup, they gain more strength through neural adaptation, which often occurs with low rep training, nevertheless diet plays a huge role on this too, most this guys don't eat for growing and there are also others who don't know nothing about bulking and would love to be bigger.

[QUOTE=atown777;8639144

I know most people would agree that in order to get bigger you have to get stronger [/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. If you're gauging being "stronger" on the amount of weight lifted.

Strength encompasses many things. e.g. curling 100 pounds at a 5 second pace takes more strength than curling 90 pounds at a 2 second pace.

Strength is also more than muscle contraction.

This is a whole debate in itself.

Bottom line, some people have the mechanics to be strong. It has little to do with bodybuilding. If you work out, you'll get stronger, but exactly "HOW STRONG" has nothing to do with ultimate musculature.
    NPC Championships Age 59