Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strength Loss Due to Cutting

gorillahung

I've been cutting since the beginning of October. Started at 201 lbs. and I weighed in at 163 lbs. this morning. I look better but I've gotten weak. I suspect my gear is fake as I never lose strength on gear. I wanted to try a physique show in 2 months but I've lost so much strength that it's shameful. Do you bodybuilders just accept the strength loss when cutting for a show or do you feel self conscious of it? I guess since powerlifting was my sport when I was younger, I am more concerned with how much weight is on the bar than most physique or bodybuilders.

you essentially dropped 3-4 weight classes if you were competing in powerlifting. there is a reason there are weight classes!

if you care about weight on the bar then after your show you should smartly bulk back up and the strength will come back.

As a bodybuilder - your goal is how you look.

As a powerlifter - your goal is how much you can lift.

You are trying to do two different things at once. What you need to do is pick ONE goal.

Also - when dieting your strength should be down slightly but if you are loosing a crazy amount of strength then there is something very wrong with your diet and training. Even my natural athletes maintain their strength pretty much throughout their entire contest prep.

Sounds like you are cutting calories too much and doing too much cardio. You want to diet slowly to maintain muscle mass and strength.

You will inevitably lose strength when you lose that much weight. You might consider blood work to determine if your gear is real or not just for peace of mind.

I've been cutting since the beginning of October. Started at 201 lbs. and I weighed in at 163 lbs. this morning. I look better but I've gotten weak. I suspect my gear is fake as I never lose strength on gear. I wanted to try a physique show in 2 months but I've lost so much strength that it's shameful. Do you bodybuilders just accept the strength loss when cutting for a show or do you feel self conscious of it? I guess since powerlifting was my sport when I was younger, I am more concerned with how much weight is on the bar than most physique or bodybuilders.

This sentence makes absolutely no sense.

As a physique competitor, the last thing you should care is strength. It only boils down to how you look.

That being said, if you are looking shredded and jacked, you shouldnt worry about the strength, even if you are weak as a teenager.

Top Bottom