Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Strength gains = Size gains

MASSIVEMONSTER

If someone who is on AAS and eating ample food and can lift more than previously does this indicate for sure they should have more muscle mass. The reason I ask is I often try my hardest to get slightly stronger each course I run but people are saying its your rest periods, form etc which is more important not only becoming stronger? I disagree....

if you continually get stronger you are providing a new stimulus and putting the muscles under increased stress. provided you're eating enough you should be growing. this isnt the only factor, but is a big one

MASSIVEMONSTER said:
If someone who is on AAS and eating ample food and can lift more than previously does this indicate for sure they should have more muscle mass. The reason I ask is I often try my hardest to get slightly stronger each course I run but people are saying its your rest periods, form etc which is more important not only becoming stronger? I disagree....

If you are talking about the duration of rest periods between sets, then yes I believe you are right in that short vs long rest periods makes no difference.

I remember reading some form of study recently, but I cannot remember where I read it at, but the conclusion was that rest periods were not a factor.

Well chime and let us know what rest period you are speaking about, rest between sets or rest between workouts, because there is a big difference in those for strength gains.

ViperHMS said:
If you are talking about the duration of rest periods between sets, then yes I believe you are right in that short vs long rest periods makes no difference.

I remember reading some form of study recently, but I cannot remember where I read it at, but the conclusion was that rest periods were not a factor.

Are you trying to say rest periods don't matter at all? I can get bench a good 40 lbs more waiting 3 minutes between sets as opposed to 45s...

I have always followed the old school - low rest for definition, medium rest for mass, long rest for strength.

steelmass said:
Are you trying to say rest periods don't matter at all? I can get bench a good 40 lbs more waiting 3 minutes between sets as opposed to 45s...

I have always followed the old school - low rest for definition, medium rest for mass, long rest for strength.

I wish I could find the study, but i'm almost positive it had found that rest periods were not a major contributing factor to strength gains.

I agree with you though, I still do long rest periods for strength. Doing squats, deads there is no way I could do short rest periods and it would be pointless. I really hope I was not drunk when I read what I am sure was a study on rest periods, but if I can somehow find it, then cool, if not i blame my inability to explain myself or produce a study on being drunk. :)

steelmass said:

i'm with steelmass on this one, i can put up a lot more when i give myself an extended rest time, fo sure!!!!

massive whats goin on bro, i missed all those threads you used to start, haha. did the job schedule change as to why you come on here again?

I agree with above, long rest for strength/mass, short for definition. I don't really seem to put on mass when I train with short rest periods unless i'm doing it as a shock

I use at least 3-5 minutes between sets on my heavy compound lifts. I don't spend a long time in the gym so the extra rest can only help IMO. If you're someone who is doing a million sets well then there probably isn't much intensity anyways so you might wanna do the sets faster or else you'll be there forever.

Top Bottom