Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Still confused re- proscar

baldy

Ina recent post by DECEM regarding proscar the following statements were made:

Question by DECEM:
How long should I take the Proscar before it becomes an effective protectant from the DHT build-up if I take 1mg EOD? Can I begin taking 1mg EOD at the same time I start taking the testosterone and have it work effectively?

Answer by hair loss Doc:
Proscar binds tightly to 5 alpha reductase enzyme immediately preventing it from converting testosterone into DHT. But you would have left over DHT in the blood at the time you start using it. Therefore, start taking Proscar a month
before going on steroids. You may discontinue using it at the same time you stop the steroids.

Can anybody help clarify the following points for me:

1) If proscar binds 5AR IMMEDIATELY then why do you need to start proscar supplementation a month prior to use of testosterone? Surely all that will do is inhibit ones own natural level of DHT (I only want protection from the excessive levels of DHT that may arise from supplementing with exogenous test during my cycle).

2) Also, surely you'll want to continue proscar for as long as the extra test takes to leave the system (e.g. about three weeks after last sust shot)?

3) My current cycle is deca at 400mg per week for 8 weeks. I'll be taking a seven week break before starting my next cycle which will be sust only. Is it safe to start proscar seven weeks after my last deca shot, or will there still be enough deca in me to make it unsafe to use proscar because of the nandrolone/DHN conversion problem?

I don't want to stay on proscar. I only want to use it to prevent further losses while I'm supplementing with supra-physiological levels of test.

Haven't been able to find the answers by searching so if anyone could clarify this for me I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

1. i guess the old doc wasn't really to clear there.. the way i understand is.. say you usually have 100 units of dht running around, grabbing on receptors, whatever.. then you throw in a gram of test causing your dht to jump to 500 units and the shedding process begins... whereas by starting it early you can lower your dht levels to say 25 units before adding the excess test which brings you back up to 100 units throughout your cycle and helping you stay on your natural hairloss path instead of jumping ahead a few years..

2. yes

3. i'm curious as well... hopefully one of our posts will bring up the answer.

Top Bottom