Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steroids for recovering drug addicts/alcoholics?

OMGWHAT!

What is the effect of steroids on a recovering addict? I know that no "mind or mood altering substances" should be taken unless completely necessary. I feel like steroids are both mind and mood altering. Are they addictive? Physically or psychologically? If any of you are in recovery from addiction, I'd appreciate your input. I know I have an extremely difficult time doing anything in moderation, so the thought of running a cycle scares me a bit. At this point I have almost 2 years away from drugs and alcohol.

Drugs are bad.

/flame on

Personally You have to get in your frame of mind Diet & training First,you're either dedicated or you're not. Then and only then after several years of training and reaching your limits only then should steroids be considered.

Remember...Rome wasn't built in a day
RADAR

If your pct is solid there shouldnt be much depression or weight loss after cycle nuff said... but yes they are psychologically addicting theres nothing like being on test or dbol and feeling like a god ;)

If your pct is solid there shouldnt be much depression or weight loss after cycle nuff said... but yes they are psychologically addicting theres nothing like being on test or dbol and feeling like a god ;)

So which one are you? Zeus?

lol! Just pulling your chain man.

I'm an addict in recovery. By the grace of god i've been clean and sober for nearly nine years now. I'd say that it's possible to cycle and still be in recovery but you have to be very honest with yourself the whole time. If things are turning into obsession you'll have to be able to drop the juice immediately. This can be very hard to do. I think a couple of years into your recovery is a very early time to undertake such a project and would advice you to wait another couple of years before deciding.

Godspeed whatever you do.

Thanks Rambleon.. I was hoping I could get the opinion of someone who understands what I'm really asking :) I think I will take your advice and hold off for a while and in the meantime do some more research while my muscles develop naturally.. The last thing I need is a relapse.. Thanks again!

What is the effect of steroids on a recovering addict? I know that no "mind or mood altering substances" should be taken unless completely necessary. I feel like steroids are both mind and mood altering. Are they addictive? Physically or psychologically? If any of you are in recovery from addiction, I'd appreciate your input. I know I have an extremely difficult time doing anything in moderation, so the thought of running a cycle scares me a bit. At this point I have almost 2 years away from drugs and alcohol.

Drugs are bad.

/flame on

It should scare you. Steriods are incredibly addictive IMO. It's definitely mind and mood altering.

You've got to get everything else in order (training, diet, life, etc .etc) before temping yourself with anything like that.

It is a bit different than lets say opiate addiction where you spend a major portion of your income everyday on an everyday fix. If you responsibly use gear you plan your cycles waaay in advance and should have everything thing you need before you start including mid-cycle preventative meds ex: AI's. It is psychologically addictive as some people go from cycles to being "on" all the time as they basically do a "do it yourself" TRT. Those are thoughts you should stay away from if having an addictive psyche. Addictions can manifest themselves in other pursuits in life other than the original addictions so I would be careful and just keep a straight mind set. These are supplements that only aid us in our pursuits of fitness and well being. As they said above, you should have your life in check beforehand. Fitness will defiently help keep you away from guilty pleasures.

Thanks again for the feedback..

MrPlunkey -- I just read your log on SARMS S-4.. What do you think about a SARMS only cycle for me? Would you consider SARMS to be mind/mood altering? It's a very interesting product.

Thanks again for the feedback..

MrPlunkey -- I just read your log on SARMS S-4.. What do you think about a SARMS only cycle for me? Would you consider SARMS to be mind/mood altering? It's a very interesting product.

damn... that's a great call. I don't believe SARMS-S4 to be mood or mind-altering at all (it isn't for me). That might be a great way for you to progress in your recovery without having to mess with your brain chemistry. Being addicted to fitness is vastly better than being addicted to that testosterone-edge feeling.

To elaborate on my earlier post, the problem (and great thing) about testosterone is it's the ultimate antidepressant. I personally believe a lot of depressed or manic-depressives get a hold of the stuff and use it as a quick fix. These are the same people who wind-up doing 26-week cycles or who decide to just do "HRT" as a 24 year old for life. Don't fall into that trap. Deal with your life issues first, and then decide whether to use AAS or not.

Top Bottom