Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steroids: Make You Tough Or Make You Think Your Tough???

STEROIDS: DO THEY MAKE YOU TOUGH OR THINK THEY DO???

• They make you tougher!!!

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • They don't make you tougher!!!

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • They make you tougher if you train right on how to fight!!!

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • They don't do anything whether or not you train to fight!!!

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheDarkSideNinja

After much reading of the way some people post it seems a lot of people feel being more muscular or powerful makes you tougher!!! I have to disagree with this as many of the "bigger guys" in my gym are nothing but pussys I.M.O The ones that are that big can't even get their arms back to throw a punch, most prolly never got involved in a fight sport such as the martial arts or boxing, some don't do cardio at all, but becuase they have size and can bounce 500 lbs. off their chest for 1 they think they rule the fukin earth. Well for me i never want to be over 230 cause im 5"10 and i believe even that weight is pushin it when it comes to hurting your skills and defense tactics. See im willing to bet A.S. makes people think they have an advantage but then you see a lil guy like Oscar De La Hoya and some others and put them up against a big guy who thinks he tough and watch him say goodnight!!! Just read the LL Cool J post and he's prolly not the biggest but from what i've heard he can hold his own. Go fuck with him and watch him put a bullet between your eyes. Don't know the guy personally and don't really listen to his songs but he's got enough money to make anybody be found by some ole man fishin!!!

I agree and disagree with some of your points, I used to be a fighter and i agree getting to big would not be good for a fighter. But at least in ground fighting and wrestling the extra strength can be enough to get the edge on your opponent. There were some guys i could just man handle because i was bigger. But if its just boxing you are talking about then your right id rather be fast and flexable over being a huge monster. But when you big its easy to pick someone up and slam then down on the concrete and then its lights out.

True...

But what about Royce Gracie vs. Ken Shamrock match in UFC 1??? I'm not taking anything away from big guys as i do not consider myself small or big but a lot of times it seems like the ones who watch WWE (a common soap opera) and shit like that instead of UFC and other real fighting shows they get brainwashed into thinking they can take punches and kicks like those fake ass wrestlers take. I guess wrestling even for show is quite demanding but nada like taking a real hit by a real athlete who trains every day 150%!!! I just think people should realize size really does not matter unless you know how to use it!!! ;)

Wow this is a gay thread.....but here goes...there is no correlation between gear and one's ability to fight....PERIOD!
The douchebags I spar with (kenpo,compat hapkido) look at me and my size and think they have already lost the fight....shit there's a skinny fucker 5'10" 175....who constantly thrashes me everytime we tangle......consequently he is a 5th degree black belt....and has been submission fighting for 19 years....but who's counting....:rolleyes:

Soooo....

Why did i post this thread??? I think it's very important for some on this board especially newbies to understand the myth about "STEROIDS MAKING SOMEBODY TOUGHER". True it may psychologically have an effect on your opponent but does not mean it will do anything more than that. Not saying they don't help becuase in fighters like Mike Tyson and all the top names im 99.9% sure it has a very huge impact on the way they fight. :p

my vote is for "think"

gives the attitude but the tools have to be there to take it to the street. man, I havent been in a fight for probably 15 years...gladly. :)

4810398_F_tn.jpg

Re: True...

TheDarkSideNinja said:
But what about Royce Gracie vs. Ken Shamrock match in UFC 1??? I'm not taking anything away from big guys as i do not consider myself small or big but a lot of times it seems like the ones who watch WWE (a common soap opera) and shit like that instead of UFC and other real fighting shows they get brainwashed into thinking they can take punches and kicks like those fake ass wrestlers take. I guess wrestling even for show is quite demanding but nada like taking a real hit by a real athlete who trains every day 150%!!! I just think people should realize size really does not matter unless you know how to use it!!! ;)

The UFC is on a totaly different level these days, all the top fighters with a few exceptions are on something this i know for a fact.

tougher no, stronger yes

ive posted this a few weeks ago, its the opposite, mostly big dudes or guys who work out have a mutual respect for eachother. Rarely do i see a large punk, most of them are trapped in 80s teen flicks

Top Bottom