Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

steroids causing diabetes??

Strong_Man20

Hi,

my docter told me that one of the most serious risks for someone using anabolic steroids is that you may develop diabetes. She told me that the juice will lower your calcium levels or some bull like that. Anyway do u think there is a significant chance that this may happen?? and is there anyone on this board that have been diagnosed with diabetes as a result of AS use

thank you

i found out that pill form steroids can cause glucose intolerances and in turn if im guessing over weight and eating high glycemic foods can cause hypo or even diabetes...im diabetic...i was using anavar when i found out but i was also eating anything and i weighed over 400 pounds so i dont really think the anavar placed a huge part in it. more my life style and weight. but also injected steroids(test,deca,etc.) have shown to improve insulin resistence..so thats just one more reason in chooseing injectable over oral...

Hmm, I was under the impression calcium was used in the contraction within the mucle cell itself. Many studies have been done showing calcium deficiencies in athletes who do not suppliment. Keeping that in mind, AAS use may speed up the depletion of calcium, I guess I never had of calcium deficiency resulting in diabetes.....after all, for the women going through menopause etc, its always osteoperosis. I would think that if a calcium deficiency was a major cause of diabeties they would be using that info more readily.

Calcium has nothing to do with diabetes as far as i'm aware of.
i thought it was due to an insensitivity to insulin (type 2).

MaxBiceps said:
Calcium has nothing to do with diabetes as far as i'm aware of.
i thought it was due to an insensitivity to insulin (type 2).

Im not sure about the calcium part, but she seemed pretty worried that my calcium levels were low and thats why she told me to take another blood test. Im just worried about there being any truth to what she said!!

AAS do cause insulin insensitivity and can cause those who are somewhat pre-disposed to develop adult onset diabetes. If you are smart and do your research you will probably not have a problem unless there is a predisposition. Exceptions to this are those who are on advanced or extreme cycles- especially those stacking in HGH -and whose calorie intake etc. further stresses their own production and usage of insulin. Top pro BB's not only take insulin to be "anabolic" but need extraneous insulin to take up the slack for what is too hard for their own body to keep up with. Your pancreas is designed to meet requirements for insulin within certain parameters and when you are jacked on a hardcore regimen of AAS, HGH etc. you need to help it out.

You very well could be calcium deficient, but prolly would be without the gear too. Athletes use more calium due to muscle contraction and sweat. Simply get a good calcium(or multi mineral) suppliment, preferably colloidal. and then have your blood work done again.

Top Bottom