Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steroid induced strength gains, outpacing connective tissue strength... Possible?

Big Rick Rock

istrator
Is it possible to gain muscle strength(via AS use) at such fast a pace that it will not give your tendons and ligaments enought time to keep up... and possibly cause injury ?

Hypothericaly, if you were to increase your best lifts by 5%-10% per week continously for 6-8 weeks...

yes its possible...... I have to pace myself while I am on or I wind up with tendonitis in my knees from all the heavy squatting

Most definitely. This example is a little extreme but it illustrates the point - I blew out my elbow bad a few years ago...nasty fall off my Mt. bike dislocated it and shredded the ligaments on both sides that stabilize the joint. I had two operations where they replaced the ligaments with parts from my leg and fore arm. It took about 3 months to get the cast off and ditch the supportive brace, but the surgeon kept stressing that I needed to be very careful for the next 12 months as it would take that long for the new ligaments to stabilize and completely become integrateds into the joint. Like I said...not exactly the same, but you can see how slowly ligaments and tendons respond. Out too much mass on too quickly and don't be surprised if you have tendon problems or tear ligaments that haven't kept pace with the muscles.

JoBu

5-10% a week for 6 weeks huh?

Hmmm...if it were possible for my squat to increase at 5% a week for 6 weeks then it would go from 800 (or so) to...
840, 880, 920, 960, 1000, 1040.

Unless you decided to compound the 5% increase or go with an increase of 10%.

IF this took place...there would be many of my body parts which would have weaknesses because they could not be addressed in 6 weeks of time. I would have serious aches in my lower back, knees, wrists, elbows, neck, etc...just from squatting a lone.

I think that AAS can cause injuries for a few reasons:
1) People's strength increases as they do not address weak points
2) People get the attitude that they can do anything
3) People often get the attitude that they should start REALLY adding on the weight now that they are using AAS
4) Poor technique REALLY stands out with the more weight that one uses on an exercise
5) Dehydration is MUCH more of a factor/possibility when taking AAS which can cause muscle tears, etc...

I'm sure that the list could go on and on...

B True

Top Bottom