x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Steroid induced strength gains, outpacing connective tissue strength... Possible?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Steroid induced strength gains, outpacing connective tissue strength... Possible? within the Anabolic Steroids category.

Excerpt: Is it possible to gain muscle strength(via AS use) at such fast a pace that it will not give your tendons and ligaments enought time to keep up... and possibly cause injury ? Hypothericaly, if you were to increase your best lifts by 5%-10% per week continously for 6-8 weeks...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Steroid induced strength gains, outpacing connective tissue strength... Possible?

Is it possible to gain muscle strength(via AS use) at such fast a pace that it will not give your tendons and ligaments enought time to keep up... and possibly cause injury ?

Hypothericaly, if you were to increase your best lifts by 5%-10% per week continously for 6-8 weeks...
    Fighting solves everything !

-"The consciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action."
    -"To beat a martial artist that's been training for 15 years, all you need to do is box and wrestle for 1 year, and he's yours."
    -"Boards don't hit back"
    -"Circumstances hell! I make circumstances!"
    -Bruce Lee

Da Pope
    Anabolic Forum?

yes its possible...... I have to pace myself while I am on or I wind up with tendonitis in my knees from all the heavy squatting

Pro Bodybuilder

Re: Steroid induced strength gains, outpacing connective tissue strength... Possible?

Originally posted by Big Rick Rock
    Is it possible to gain muscle strength(via AS use) at such fast a pace that it will not give your tendons and ligaments enought time to keep up... and possibly cause injury ?

YES.

t3c
    banned

Most definitely. This example is a little extreme but it illustrates the point - I blew out my elbow bad a few years ago...nasty fall off my Mt. bike dislocated it and shredded the ligaments on both sides that stabilize the joint. I had two operations where they replaced the ligaments with parts from my leg and fore arm. It took about 3 months to get the cast off and ditch the supportive brace, but the surgeon kept stressing that I needed to be very careful for the next 12 months as it would take that long for the new ligaments to stabilize and completely become integrateds into the joint. Like I said...not exactly the same, but you can see how slowly ligaments and tendons respond. Out too much mass on too quickly and don't be surprised if you have tendon problems or tear ligaments that haven't kept pace with the muscles.

JoBu

Elite Strongman b fold the truth's Avatar
    5-10% a week for 6 weeks huh?

Hmmm...if it were possible for my squat to increase at 5% a week for 6 weeks then it would go from 800 (or so) to...
    840, 880, 920, 960, 1000, 1040.

Unless you decided to compound the 5% increase or go with an increase of 10%.

IF this took place...there would be many of my body parts which would have weaknesses because they could not be addressed in 6 weeks of time. I would have serious aches in my lower back, knees, wrists, elbows, neck, etc...just from squatting a lone.

I think that AAS can cause injuries for a few reasons:
    1) People's strength increases as they do not address weak points
    2) People get the attitude that they can do anything
    3) People often get the attitude that they should start REALLY adding on the weight now that they are using AAS
    4) Poor technique REALLY stands out with the more weight that one uses on an exercise
    5) Dehydration is MUCH more of a factor/possibility when taking AAS which can cause muscle tears, etc...

I'm sure that the list could go on and on...

B True

''Teach my children to love! They'll learn to hate on their own.''
    ''One thing is certian,You can't shake hands with a fist''
    ''It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.''

"ABSOLUTELY!!! I wouldn't take 4 days off of work to go support the men if I wasn't getting paid!"
    .....Jill Mills...World's Strongest Woman

yes it can happen, and the longer AAS usage the more you are set up for injury

Pro Bodybuilder
    Here's a thread where Zyg talks about the turnover rate for tendons/ligaments to be approx 300 to 500 days (much longer than for muscles)......so your tendons/ligaments really can't keep up if pushed too hard for too long.

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum...hreadid=236882

Originally posted by EngiCream
    Here's a thread where Zyg talks about the turnover rate for tendons/ligaments to be approx 300 to 500 days (much longer than for muscles)......so your tendons/ligaments really can't keep up if pushed too hard for too long.

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum...hreadid=236882
    good thread.