Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sterile abscess in my shoulder??

Nighthawkk

I shot my usual 1ml of sust into my right delt about 7 days ago and it is still very swollen, painful and hard to the touch (but not hot and red anymore). I am assuming this is what would be called a "sterile abscess"? Usually I get this feeling with anything containing prop, but only for a day or two; not a whole damn week. It got so bad that I was out of the gym for 4 days and would also wake up in pain occasionally because I couldn't sleep on my right side. Will this go away in time or can it get worse? I've been trying to massage it and use the muscle lightly and it has gotten slightly better, but it is still very tender and hard. If anybody knows how to treat this, or has had experience with it, please let me know how to get rid of it- thanks

Give it another week. If it worsens or does not get better, see a doc. It is most likely nothing major in my opinion.

most likely causes could be: 1. u have shot too frequently in the same spot. scar tissue has developed. do not shoot in right delt for a fortnight. 2. u may have not shot deep enough. always remember that in muscle if you do not penetrate deep into fibre, a shallow oil abcess develops, between the muscle and the fascia covering it. this can lead to a hard bump being felt under the skin, that is painful to the touch for about a week after the injection.

just dont shoot frequently in one site. rotate sites. wipe area with alcohol before and after shooting. massage the area after injection to increase absorption into muscle. and lastly shoot slowly, do not overload that muscles capacity to absorb by shooting lets say 3ml in 10 secs. all of these will lead to scar tissue formation, necrosis and maybe even an ulcer that will require minor surgery to treat.

just completed internal medicine module at med skwl, so its fresh in my mind...glad i could help.

Leave it for a week, if it doesnt clear up then a doc can drain the abcess or treat the infection what ever the case may be.
Dont keep rubbing it either or putting any topicals on it.

most likely causes could be: 1. u have shot too frequently in the same spot. scar tissue has developed. do not shoot in right delt for a fortnight. 2. u may have not shot deep enough. always remember that in muscle if you do not penetrate deep into fibre, a shallow oil abcess develops, between the muscle and the fascia covering it. this can lead to a hard bump being felt under the skin, that is painful to the touch for about a week after the injection.

just dont shoot frequently in one site. rotate sites. wipe area with alcohol before and after shooting. massage the area after injection to increase absorption into muscle. and lastly shoot slowly, do not overload that muscles capacity to absorb by shooting lets say 3ml in 10 secs. all of these will lead to scar tissue formation, necrosis and maybe even an ulcer that will require minor surgery to treat.

just completed internal medicine module at med skwl, so its fresh in my mind...glad i could help.

Thanks, this all sounds about right, as scar tissue probably did develop over the course of my 8 week tren ace run in which I jabbed daily with delt rotation. What I did in Day 7 of pain/swelling when I posted this was use a hot compress twice a day and massage lightly. As I did not feel feverish nor was it red anymore, I assumed it was a painful shallow oil buildup as you said, rather than development of an actual abscess. By today (9 days after jab) it has 85% gone away, but it was quite the scare.

Let this be solid advice to guys out there rotating injection sites- be careful and rotate properly, as keeping sterile and aspirating is not enough. I have done this over an 8 year period, but still did not pay enough attention to properly planning a daily spot inject. From now on, I think I will do delt/glute/thigh for ALL cycles requiring a daily jab to minimize risk of infection or abscess. I got lucky this time but lesson learned!

Top Bottom