Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Step By Step Guide For Homebrewing

I was following your directions and then BAM I couldnt get suction in the filter. I tried a 2nd one same thing. I tested the pump and it sucks my finger and then even sucked at the filter to see if I could get air. NOPE!!! WHAT GIVES I ALMOST THREW MY BREW AWAY I'M SO MAD!!!

Hey guys, know this is a older thread but I'm gonna try my 1st home batch and the question I have is can the plastic container on the bottom of the filter unit be replaced with a glass vile to prevent possibility of cracking? Is that overkill or has others done that & what size top would it have to be? Thanks for any replies!!

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

As far as I know you need to use the plastic one that comes with the unit, and yes they can crack. If it does crack it will not leak,but you will lose pressure and need to change it.

If you are just starting out, why not mix small amounts and use Whatman syringe filters? They are easy to use and inexpensive, plus making small batches would let you experiment with mg/ml concentration and different percentages of BA and BB. Note: 20% BB is SO unnecessary.

Just a suggestion.

Hey thanks for the reply mh, think I covered this in pm but I am now leaning toward whatman filters, although I did find the glass receiver that will screw onto the bottom of these units therefore eliminating the cracking plastic issue.

I did find the glass receiver that will screw onto the bottom of these units therefore eliminating the cracking plastic issue.

Sweet, just any standard glass container, or did you need to try various ones? Which one fit?

Im not finished researching it all yet but I do believe they may have the caps with septa in it

Top Bottom