Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

stack for strength, but damn I'm big

Stone Lifter

I am not a bodybuilder but I am a strongman and compete in strongman events. I Train heavy in the gym and I have been doing 400mg Cyp, 300mg Deca and 3X10mg ED of Naposim and 1mg arimidex ED. I have in the pass dabbled for a couple months at a time and then took a break and so the patteren went.

However, I have been on for about 4 weeks and plan on staying on for a least a year to see what happens in terms of growth and strength. I am 6ft and 290lbs. I could certainly lose about 30lbs and be a lean 260lbs. What do you think about the low dosages over that lenght of time?

Since I am already as big as shit should I up it? Say 600mg test and 450mg Deca while cycling the naposim? Long story short I would like to lose 30lbs fat over the next year and gain 30lbs of Lean mass. I do the low carbs and AM cardio and of course tons of protein. Think I'm on the right track?

Im not a huge fan of staying on that long but if you are going to do it cut the naposim out and get blood tests on a regular basis to check liver values, etc.

Stone Lifter said:
I am not a bodybuilder but I am a strongman and compete in strongman events. I Train heavy in the gym and I have been doing 400mg Cyp, 300mg Deca and 3X10mg ED of Naposim and 1mg arimidex ED. I have in the pass dabbled for a couple months at a time and then took a break and so the patteren went.

However, I have been on for about 4 weeks and plan on staying on for a least a year to see what happens in terms of growth and strength. I am 6ft and 290lbs. I could certainly lose about 30lbs and be a lean 260lbs. What do you think about the low dosages over that lenght of time?

Since I am already as big as #### should I up it? Say 600mg test and 450mg Deca while cycling the naposim? Long story short I would like to lose 30lbs fat over the next year and gain 30lbs of Lean mass. I do the low carbs and AM cardio and of course tons of protein. Think I'm on the right track?

bro, unless you're of an advanced age, and plan on being on HRT for the rest of your life, i would think really hard about being on for a year long. especially with deca, but anything for a year and you're asking for trouble. if i were you, i'd do mini cycle ONLY, dbol, test, but that's it. forget deca, it has no place for a strong man imo. also, cardio for a strong man? not a good idea.

good luck man.

if you're absolutely set on staying on for a year straight (which i strongly advise NOT doing) make sure dbols are taken no longer than 6 weeks in a row.

getting regular bloodwork will be a must if you stay on for that long. take liver detox and all the antioxidants you can get your hands on.

Come check out the training forum. We have several strength athletes posting there. Bfoldthetruth is a pro strongman. He's "big as shit" too. :)

I'll admit that I am shocked to hear people doubt or question a year long cycle. I have friends who have been on for years none stop. Guys my age (28-32) that literally have been on since they were 20. I am surprised that there is not more of that type of user/abuser on this forum.
Also for those who do not understand, cardio is as important as strenght in the sport of strongman. Try flipping a 900lb tire several times and have shitty a cariovascular system. Strongman is powerlifing and track&field combined.

Powerlifting/strongman cycles aren't like bodybuilder cycles, for the most part. They're usually much longer, and from what I've seen, lower dosed.

And I agree, strongman training will kill you if you're not in shape.

Stone Lifter said:
Also for those who do not understand, cardio is as important as strenght in the sport of strongman. Try flipping a 900lb tire several times and have ###### a cariovascular system. Strongman is powerlifing and track&field combined.

ah yes, you must be referring to me...well, the fact is that for someone like yourself (strongman competitor), there are better ways of improving cardiovascular conditioning than getting on a treadmill for 30 or so minutes every morning. it's called interval training and consists of short-duration, very high intensity exercise (sprinting). some examples are sprinting a flat surface unassisted, sprinting on a flat surface resisted, or sprinting up some type of incline.

aside from the duration of exertion and exercise intensity, the other major difference between this and low-to-moderate intensity cardio on a treadmill is the rest frequency and rest duration.

the key is to recruit type II a and b muscle fibers, and stay from taxing your body in such a way that will a) train the wrong energy system, and b) train type I endurance muscle fibers. the energy system you want to be training is glycolysis and lactic acid, NOT oxidative. running on a treadmill machine for 30, 40, or even 60 minutes per day will not do that for you. you need to raise your lactic acid threshold as well as increase your VO2max. improving your lactic acid threshold without a doubt, is key for you, and again, getting on a treadmill every morning will not do that for you.

as far as your friends being on for years, it really doesn't matter how many or who it is, we all live and die by the same rules that exist for AAS use. being on that long, is not smart, period.

good luck to you man.

Last edited:
Nice post 40. Very true!
Hit some var up bro. Not year long. But a respectable cycle. I always thought that this was always the "strongmans" drug of choice?

Re: Re: stack for strength, but damn I'm big

40butpumpin said:

cardio for a strong man? not a good idea.

Whoa Whoa! Cardio is definately a great idea. I dont think he meant that he was going to run a marathon, rather maybe a mile or two to increase his cardiovascular, muscle endurance, and recovery time.

I added in cardio 5-6 times per week (1 hard mile and 3 other miles walking) and I cant tell you how much of a better workout I have! I am able to do my supersets and not get tired. My recovery time is minimal between sets and I can keep the reps going.
Thanks Cardio! :bigkiss:

Top Bottom