Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squatting -- with wraps.

Suspension

Can someone explain the correct way to use wraps around the knees for squats? I dont want to look like an idiot in the gym. Thanks bro's.

well sit on the end of a bench and make sure the wrap is already wound up and real tight. then start on your lower knee and wrap around a couple times. then do the same to the upper knee. then the middle knee and so fourth. when you are at the end lift up some of the wrap and put the end underneigth the part that is on your knee and pull tight. make sure you get them on real tight.

karma is appreciated :)

here is a couple more tips.....

1. Before you wrap the knees....roll the wrap REAL tight. You can do this by standing on one end of the wrap....pulling it tight....rolling it up....pull it tight again...roll it ...etc....etc. until it is all rolled up. This will help you to get a much tighter wrap.

2. I wrap a little different. Start low like jc said. wrap around....then go to the top of the knee and wrap around...then make an "X" accross the knee...go around a few times and tuck.

3. Only wrap when you go heavy....like 385+ (MAYBE 315 if you kinda small)

hope that helps

Grainger said:
here is a couple more tips.....

1. Before you wrap the knees....roll the wrap REAL tight. You can do this by standing on one end of the wrap....pulling it tight....rolling it up....pull it tight again...roll it ...etc....etc. until it is all rolled up. This will help you to get a much tighter wrap.

2. I wrap a little different. Start low like jc said. wrap around....then go to the top of the knee and wrap around...then make an "X" accross the knee...go around a few times and tuck.

3. Only wrap when you go heavy....like 385+ (MAYBE 315 if you kinda small)

hope that helps
I make the "X" also.

You're a hard fucker to get a hold of these days aren't you? Squatting big I see, good, good. You should come up to the new house, we have a nice spare bedroom for you and the wife to be. You can watch the Westside squatting video and see how wraps are put on.

Later

At what weight do you guys feel it is necessary, if at all, to use wraps for squating? I squat 365 for 3 sets of 10 (I know the weight is nothing to brag about) and was wondering if I am in danger of blowing out a knee if I don't use wraps. I am also on a fina/test/dbol cycle and I know the weight will be going up soon...........do I need wraps if my form is correct?

Top Bottom