Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squatting Accident...

musketeer

I was doing my last rep on my last set of squats three weeks ago and it all went wrong.

I had done 2 sets of 6 with 355lbs and was finishing my third set.

My gym has a rack, but the side bars are fixed and are about 3 inches too low so I had asked this guy if he could straighten me up if I stall. I felt comfortable with the weight and breezed through the first 4 reps. I Go down until my butt is by my ankles, as deep as I possibly can go. The 5th rep was really hard but I knew I had tha last rep in me so I just lowered, paused and gave it all I had. I wa using the Val Salva technique which involves holding your breath through the sticking point. I must have strained to hard because one minute I was rising up and the next my knees were bending and I was back in the full squat position. The dude who was 'spotting' was powerles to get that much weight off my back, and I was trapped under 150 over my bodyweight with my knees fully bent and a good 2 inches before the bar would rest on the sidebars.

I was about ten seconds trying to lower the bar by bending my back.

Now (3 weeks on) my knees are aching whenever I do anything more than walk.

What damage have I done to myself? I have never had aching knees before.

How can I help their recovery.

(BTW I know what I did was fucking stupid as shit)

Damn, sounds like you could have pulled some shit around your knees.

Ill bump for a mods advice on this one.

see a doc, if simple tasks like walking are fucking with you, than you have done some damage. get checked out before, it gets any worse. if you dont, you could be be hampered for life. just be safe ,and protect your mobility.

Top Bottom