Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sperm Count, HUCK and other experienced bro's help with Sperm Count Question

McBane

Just curious as the general effect on sperm count of AAS. I'm not planning on any really heavy cycles. I'm planning on a var(30mg ed)/prop(100mg eod) for 8 weeks. To me it seems like this would have no effect on sperm count in _long run_, but wanted to double check with experienced bro's. Anyone had lowered sperm counts from moderate AAS usage? (If you have lowered sperm count please post how severe it is and if you have had tests so you know it wasn't low before you started, also anyone with info on this please post as I don't fully understand how AAS would effect sperm count in the long run unless natural test levels were shutdown for a while then I know it would have a long term effect of natural test production, hence possibly lowering sperm count, but I've read posts of people who have said they have gotten permanent low sperm counts from 3 moderate cycles. Seems like they had low sperm count to begin with but just making sure as I want to keep the troops healthy :D

haha but seriously please try to help me answer this question as I am considering donating some sperm to a bank and have it frozen for later down the road as I want to have kids some day and it sure would suck to find out when I want to have kids that I can't.

This might help..

McBane, this should give you an idea of how steroids will quantitatively affect sperm production. If it helps, gimme some karma, baby!

Contraceptive efficacy of testosterone-induced azoospermia in normal men. World Health Organization Task Force on methods for the regulation of male fertility.

A multicentre study (ten centres) in seven countries was done to assess the contraceptive efficacy of hormonally-induced azoospermia in 271 healthy fertile men. Each subject received 200 mg testosterone enanthate weekly by intramuscular injection. 157 men (cumulative rate at 6 months 65%) became azoospermic in three consecutive semen samples. These men entered a 12-month efficacy phase during which continuing testosterone injections were the only form of contraception. There was 1 pregnancy during 1486 months of the efficacy phase (0.8 conceptions [95% confidence interval 0.02-4.5] per 100 person-years). Discontinuations from the study were mainly because azoospermia was not achieved within 6 months and because of dislike of the injection schedule. The mean time to become azoospermic was 120 days (SD 40); reappearance of spermatozoa was detected in 11 men and in no case led to discontinuation from the study or to pregnancy. After the testosterone injections had been stopped, the estimated median time from azoospermia to recovery (sperm concentration of at least 20 million/ml) was 3.7 months (3.6-3.9) and to the subject's mean baseline sperm concentration was 6.7 months (6.2-8.7). Hormonal regimens that induce azoospermia can provide highly effective, sustained, and reversible male contraception with minimum side-effects.

Publication Types:
Clinical trial
Multicenter study

PMID: 1977002 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

lots of guys have managed to get girls pregnant while on cycle. in my experience, I think it'd be near impossible to impregnate someone if you were doing fina. Clomid didn't help me coming off that stuff. Unless you have a really low sperm count anyways, I doubt you'll suffer any long term problems. That is, assuming you're aren't planning on staying on for an insane amount of time.

While on,you will likely have a decrease in FSH and sperm population,but this will rebound upon cessation,particularly with the use of SERMS post cycle.

So basically if cycles are kept in sane dosages and I only cycle say 2-3 times per year for like 8-12 weeks (I don't even plan on cycling that much) then I should have no long term problems? Not sure if it would reduce risk of long term sperm count reduction but of course I'd be using clomid post cycle.

HUCKLEBERRY FINNaplex said:
While on,you will likely have a decrease in FSH and sperm population,but this will rebound upon cessation,particularly with the use of SERMS post cycle.

What does the acronyme "SERMS" represent? HCG, clomid, nolvadex, etc ?

Top Bottom