Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some GH advice

dacdac

There is still alot of info people are lacking in regards to the do's and dont's with GH and I think it would be good to start another thread on it.

(I am not a medical authority. I take no responsibility for people using or misusing this information)

Alot of guys out there are hurting themselves with their GH useage in my opinion. There are 2 main reasons for this.

1. Eating too much carbohydrates while taking GH makes you sick
2. Taking too high a doseage makes you sick

There are 4 lesser important reasons.

1. Not cycling the GH properly
2. Not timing the dose right to suit your purposes
3. Thyroid shut down
4. Problems related to cortisol and adrenaline

I will explain in detail about each of these 6 points I have listed here. First I will start with the point about carbohydrates. For some reason it is still not common knowledge among those who use performance enhancing drugs that GH can induce a diabetic blood sugar level if it is not used right. The body does not want lots of sugars when it has a high level of GH! The actions of insulin are blunted by GH and sugar will stay in the blood if consumed in large quantities. THis makes your heart rate rapid and weak. It will go bump, bump, bump very quick and you will feel light headed and crumy until the blood sugar returns to normal. High blood sugar wrecks all sorts of havoc on your system and it will inhibit the desireable actions of GH. So it is only logical that when using GH a person should be on a high protein low carb diet. I have it from a reliable source that 60 grams/day is the ceiling for carbohydrate intake while on GH. Now ofcourse this is not easy when your IGf-1 levels are elevated inconcert with high round the clock GH. A person can develope a raging appetite with this. A good thing to do is have lots of eggs on hand. Hard boil a batch in the morning and eat as many as you need of them until full. Hunger for carbohydrates does not mean the body wants carbohydrates! Taking your body off auto pilot requires intelligence.
There is an exception to the low carb rule. If you take the GH once daily and the injection is at night SC or IM, it is not a bad idea to eat alot of carbs after say 3 PM or so until the next injection once the GH has cleared the blood. However GH taken at night does not maximize the effect of GH in my opinion.
Next I will move on to dosages. There is way to little understanding out there about the deleterious effects of too much GH. GH can cause a condition called Benign Intracranial hypertension. BIH is nothing to shrug off (it is not benign, that is just the name doctors use because the sympotms of BIH mimick a brain tumor. The word benign is used to distinguish the condition from something cancerous). Primarily a person risks permanently impairing his vision with this condition. BIH can also negatively impact the brain tissue itself, with extreme cases being life threatening, at which point the condition will be called a communicating hydroencephalous(spelling on that?). It should be known that the use of an anti-estrogen in concert with GH increases the risk to your vision enormously. Also, the use of T3 with GH increases the chance of developing BIH. It is also thought that using AAS in combo with GH increases the risk of BIH and general BP problems. I don't think there is much understanding why. Let me stress, BIH is not some rare thing that nobody gets. It should be noted that Jason Giambi who has admitted to using GH has been rumored to have had an "eye infection" problem. Where there's smoke there's fire? If even a top athlete like Giambi with tons of resources at his disposal might have developed a vision problem related to GH you can bet that scores of amateur athletes everywhere have had the same problem. So it stands to reason that people need to be more careful with their dosing.
Administering the proiper dose of GH requires care. The body does not make on its own more than 1.5 IU/day. Any dose above that is certaintly supraphysiologic and a perosn should take stock of his vitals and see to it that he is not developing BIH. Taking GH above 4IUs/day is considered unwise by alot of people in the know I have talked to. Besides the joint problems that most people know about; BIH, thyroid shut down, fertility problems, and a host of abnormal physiological undesireables become apparent very readily. In more sensitive individuals this can happen even at 1.5/day (or less I am sure in rare cases)! So the dose must be metered properly. What this means is that GH is not going to do much for anybody unless they can take it for prolonged periods of time. This point feeds directly into the next point about cycling GH properly.
A GH cycle is best done at the lower effective dose for the longer period of time. This point should be considered witht the fact that very little is known about the somatotropin axis' ability to recuperate after it shuts down during a GH cycle in comparison for what is known about the HPTA and AAS. After only 3 months on relatively high dosing and following a 1 month off period my IGF-1 levels came in at only 150. So it stands to reason that there will be some period of suboptimal GH functioning that will not be desireable. I think the verdict is still not in about what this means, about how to prevent the somatotropes in the pituitary from atrophying to much and at what point that happens and by what means they come back on full. The ideal cycling strategy for GH is still a mystery in my opinion. 3-6 months seems the minimum period to be on it in my opinion but taking it much longer than that seem unwise to me. Others will disagree but alot of those people wind up in endocrinologist's office on HRT.
About timing the dose to suit a person's goal. In my opinion GH is best used AM for fat loss, PM for strength, and AM together with PM for mass and strength. An alternative way to use for mass and strength goals is to use PM only so you can excercise the evening high carbohydrate intake option.
A quick word about thyroid, cortisol and adrenaline. High doseages of GH will inhibit thyroid hormone and cortisol. This can make a person feel very sluggish. Lots of people supplement with T3 to get around this and a GH/T3 stack is one of the most effective fat loss options available. However, given that this increases the chance of developing BIH, much more caution should be used with this approach than is common now in my opinion. A low thyroid level will not hinder mass gains but it will make a person subfunctional in work related matters as well as when it comes to excercising. Of course it will also make gaining fat easier but the GH compensates for this. Also, T3 stimulates the liver to bind up IGF-1 into a less bioavailable form. This is another reason why T3/GH useage should be approached with more consideration. As for cortisol, GH's antagonism of this hormone is one of the reasons people like GH. However to much cortisol inhibition is bad and can leave one with a bloated look after awhile and can further add to sluggishness. I say this means cut the dose. Another alternative is to mildly stimulate your adrenaline with a low dose of ECA or just the C. However, there is a link between stimulant use in combo with GH and psychotic processes. So caution is urged again. All in all these facts point to a need to again always go with the lowest effective dose of GH.
My main goal here is to stimulate more caution when it comes to GH use as to promote its effectiveness. GH is a very effective tool but only if used prudently. In my opinion less is more of it. If you use to much and don't pay attetnion to the details of diet, etc. you will be hindering yourself more than helping yourself.

Last edited:
HGH man said:
Good post and some words of wisdom.Welcome Dacdac

ditto

Yousa smart mofo! Great thread, that was the first thread I completely read in a long time...thanks for taking the time to edumucate us all. lol
FKH

Killer info. I do 2 IU's AM and 2 IU's PM and while i'm not truely "low carb" (but it's not like I'd ever consider chugging sucrose or eating white bread), I make a point of no food 2 hours before or after an injection (and preferably sleep during that interval when possible). Think that would suffice?

mrplunkey said:
Killer info. I do 2 IU's AM and 2 IU's PM and while i'm not truely "low carb" (but it's not like I'd ever consider chugging sucrose or eating white bread), I make a point of no food 2 hours before or after an injection (and preferably sleep during that interval when possible). Think that would suffice?

I don't think it matters if you eat around the injection time as long as it is just protein. However some people speculate that eating anything with high GH levels is what produces the "GH gut" but I think that this will only happen if you overdosefor a very long time. I would not eat very many carbohydrates at all with your injection schedule. You hae high GH levels in your blood round the clock. You won't get diabetic though unless you really binge. Still, its not good to put your blood sugar in the 120-180 range which is where it will go I suspect. The normal levels of glucose are 80-120, its OK for them to go 120-180 2 hours post meal, but not good on the waist line, +180-200 is diabetic. The tricky thing is that if you just started or are predisposed you will have really high IGF-1 levels and this will actually have the opposite effect on blood sugar then the GH but not to the degree (that is why it is called insulin like growth factor 1).

dacdac said:
I don't think it matters if you eat around the injection time as long as it is just protein. However some people speculate that eating anything with high GH levels is what produces the "GH gut" but I think that this will only happen if you overdosefor a very long time. I would not eat very many carbohydrates at all with your injection schedule. You hae high GH levels in your blood round the clock. You won't get diabetic though unless you really binge. Still, its not good to put your blood sugar in the 120-180 range which is where it will go I suspect. The normal levels of glucose are 80-120, its OK for them to go 120-180 2 hours post meal, but not good on the waist line, +180-200 is diabetic. The tricky thing is that if you just started or are predisposed you will have really high IGF-1 levels and this will actually have the opposite effect on blood sugar then the GH but not to the degree (that is why it is called insulin like growth factor 1).
I used to go virtually 100% protein but the ammonia smell in the gym could knock my workout partner over (not kidding). Now, when I do carbs they are all low GI ones. I wonder if those are more passable with high IGF-1 levels.

Top Bottom