Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

some diet help please

homeskillet

6'3" 238 48 yrs old bf 17% -

Heres the deal I'm on HRT do aerobics 2-3 times/ week work out 3 times/ week - I don't eat bad probably less then 2K calories / day

I want to lose weight - i know there is a right way and a wrong way could someone point me in the "right " direction" please

2k cals is low for ur size and being active. Run the calculations in my signature to determine ur daily calorie needs.

I do something fairly similar to the paleo diet. U should Google it. Its fairly simple to follow and will lean u out while retaining muscle.

Sent using the elitefitness app.

ur 17% that's pretty good.

I suggest eating right and LOTS of high intensity cardio and weights. Go low carb 6 days a week if you wish. That's whta I do.

Guys- could you give me a sample day - right now i have been told that i dont eat enough calories.- dont really know/understand how this will prevent me from losing weight- usually 3-4 egg whites= two whole eggs with salsa for breakfast. 1/2-3/4 cup of 0 fat greek yogurt with a little granola for taste at 10 am. about three cups of steamed veggies or a bag of steamed soybeans for lunch- yogurt again for a 3pm snack and dinner that is under 600 calories. do cardio 3 times/ week and lift 3 times / week ... the 17% body fat is an estimate based on the pictures in Oxymorans signature - visual body fat analysis -

thanks

2k cals is probably way too few calories for your size and activity level. If you cut cals too much your body will actually hold onto fat even more. Slow and steady wins the race.

To add...

If you really want stay at around 2000kcals a day, I would suggest probably eating your largest meal, say the 600kcal evening meal, for breakfast. This way your energy intake from morning meal will be digested and burned off more efficiently versus the large meal at night which will be more difficult to burn off and so the remainder will be more easily stored as body-fat.

Just a thought! ;)

ok good to know- according to the calculations i made ( from oxymoran signature) I should be eating somewhere between 2600-2980 calories a day to maintain. my goal is to get down below 15% BF- otherwise for this old man to look good - just dont know the best foods to eat and the right way to do it?

Without looking at your diet record it's hard to make any recommendations really. There are many ways to reduce weight and I always start with the saying..."Eat like a king in the morning, like a prince at midday, and like a pauper in the evening".

1. Stay away from saturated fatty foods and increase intake of fats from fish and olive oil.
2. Consume more green veggies/salad stuffs and reduce white foods: pasta, potatoes, rice, and white bread.
3. Eat egg whites but not much yolks (if you have high LDL cholesterol stay away from eggs if you like).
4. Lower your salt intake, because it increases blood pressure and makes your body hold onto water.
5. Take one mulitvitamin/mineral supplement a day.
6. Drink plenty of fluids. This also makes you feel fuller at mealtimes, meaning you don't eat as much.

Basically, you should not reduce your calorie intake any more than the 2000 at present. Like Zygla says, if you do your body will hold on to the fat you already have
as it will be in a starvation mode. Best thing is eat all your calories from low fat green sources and white meats. There is a lot of food to 2k kcalories when eaten from
lowfat/high nutrition sources than if you just ate junk, and I promise you will feel fuller too.

Do that and increase your waking hours (if you sleep more than 9 hours a day) and increase frequency, intensity, and duration of your cardio workouts.
I'm assuming you're a reasonably fit guy who is medically cleared for exertive exercise?

Good food/plentiful exercise=weight loss while maintaining FFM.

U can keep calories pretty low but u need to have a (healthy) high calorie day to keep ur metabolism from slowing down.
Do some reading of the diet advice threads in the diet forum. Look for replies from Dylan, he usually straightens people out pretty good. Stick to lean meats, shit loads of good veggies, minimal breads/pastas/white rice, and sugars are the devil.

Sent using the elitefitness app.

Top Bottom