Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Smoking Inhibits Protein Synthesis?

Phenotype X

I was talking to a professor today and he had told me that the
THC (tricyclic hydro-carbon) molecules present in cigarette smoke affects DNA regulation and its processes and in turn,
inhibits(stops) Protein Synthesis. Without the balance of protein synthesis and protein degradation, this can just cause you to lose muscle. That's just my conclusion. Can anyone tell me if this is true of if they agree?

WHAT??!?!!....that is stupid!

What is this guy an English prof?

Tell him that you would like to see the journal extract that supports what he is saying. This guy probably is just trying to talk you in to quiting....which is a good idea by the way!!!

THC huh? The main active chemical in marijuana is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol). Maybe he was talking about a different type of smoking?

Signed,
A Biochemist.

Thanks. I guess that you're probably right on the THC, the thing is that organically, I understand the tetrahydrocannabinol, but i don't recall the delta? THanks for the info,

BioChem undergrad:D

Well I stupidly smoke like a pack a day, and have for the last 13 yrs. and in the last 2.5 yrs, I've gained over 40lbs and it ain't fat, so guess I'd have to disagree.

hey captain, you think you'd gain more weight or make better gains if you didn't smoke?
i feel like it stops me from gaining weight, no matter what i eat.

If you smoke you'll gain more quality weight because its speeds up the metabolism,i've even heard it increases growth hormone levels,dont get me wrong,smoking is bad!

Top Bottom