Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Short Cycles vs. Long Cycles

boston789

I've been wondering lately (probably because of the cycle I'm on now due to the fact that it's a long one) that if longer cycles yield better results and/or have less side effects than shorter ones; or vice-versa. I know there are a few guys on here that swear by hitting your receptors hard and fast work best for them. And then there are guys on here (probably the majority) who think that longer cycles are the only way you can really build muscle.

There are also people here; probably like myself, who hasn't done a short cycle (by short I mean about 6 weeks give or take) in a long time.

So my question is, and I hope I get alot of responses because this can help educate and open up possibilities of new cycles for alot of people, what do you think the pro's and con's are of long and short cycles. Which ones do you think is more effective? Why? Which type of cycle do you usually do?

My cycles usually last between 14-18 weeks. I dont have a hard time recovering either (I get blood work done and my overall feeling is fine) but sometimes staying on that long can really put a toll on your body. Maybe a 6 weeks on, 6 week off schedule is worth it?

boston789 said:
I've been wondering lately (probably because of the cycle I'm on now due to the fact that it's a long one) that if longer cycles yield better results and/or have less side effects than shorter ones; or vice-versa. I know there are a few guys on here that swear by hitting your receptors hard and fast work best for them. And then there are guys on here (probably the majority) who think that longer cycles are the only way you can really build muscle.

There are also people here; probably like myself, who hasn't done a short cycle (by short I mean about 6 weeks give or take) in a long time.

So my question is, and I hope I get alot of responses because this can help educate and open up possibilities of new cycles for alot of people, what do you think the pro's and con's are of long and short cycles. Which ones do you think is more effective? Why? Which type of cycle do you usually do?

My cycles usually last between 14-18 weeks. I dont have a hard time recovering either (I get blood work done and my overall feeling is fine) but sometimes staying on that long can really put a toll on your body. Maybe a 6 weeks on, 6 week off schedule is worth it?

There are certainly pros and cons to both. I would think that the greatest pro to a short cycle is (all dosages being equal) the minimal negetive sides on your body. IMO, the greatest con to a short cycle is that your body experiences a change for such a short period of time that it isn't able to adjust to it. It was mass that was merely borrowed. Now, with long cycles, it is essentially the opposite. All dosages being equal, one runs a much greater risk of falling victim to sides and thus must take extra precautions to defend against them. Yet, having the increased muscle mass for a longer period of time gives the body more of an opportunity to recognize the idea that it is natural to have this much mass. Still, there are limits as to how much mass one's body will hold while off cycle.

This is all just my opinion based on my experiences with the various cycles I've don't over the past five years. I've discovered that my body doesn't like to hold onto mass after short cycles. However, I've also discovered that for my body, a 10 weeker is a short cycle. My body definately responds best to long cycles. But, hey, that's just me. Everybody's different.

short ones are much easier to recover from and you can run harsher steroids in them. however a long cycle with a lean gainer like eq or primo with low dose test and proviron or no test will be just as easy to recover from though and you get the same results just takes longer. however you have to take more time off and it seems like if you run short 6-8 weekers you take some time off and your back on after bloodwork. you start doing the long 16 or more weekers you have to wait months before you can run again. personally i love to do one of each a year. a short one to get a boost. then take some time off and summer i do a long mild steroid. hard to say man cause depends on steroids involved in cycle and how well you recover and what not. in general short ones you can recover from quikcer but then again you do some tren or something like dbol and its short you might crash still more than a long eq/test cycle or something. i love the short prop npp win cycle hope it is easy to recover from. with proviron i see no sides and i am shredded and much bigger fast

Short Cycles seem to cater to the need or fears of Newbs or novices.

That is not to say there is not use for them.

Generally though most prefer longer cycles which yield more, and are more forgiving as well. ( say if you have a slow week)

Another thing to keep in mind is that if your going to shutdown the HPTA anyway might as well go all out.

Certain compounds are better suited to longer cycles like DECA and EQ....if you can't do 10 weeks or longer you will not reap the full benefits..

BOTH!...i love both..if im bulking..i want a longer cycle. If im trying to get cut and ripped..i like short and sweet cycles...

I think longer cycles are good if done with low amounts/doses of drugs. I stay away from anadrol, d-bol and deca as those drugs shut me down hard. I just did a 20 week cycle and it was great.
weeks 1-9 300mg EQ, 500-700mg test, every other month oral T
weeks 10-20 200-300mg tren, 500-700mg test, every other month oral var
My gains did stop after time but I continued to lose fat and get harder.
In 10th week of PCT and everything is great, I feel great, sex drive great etc. I will do a short 4 week cycle next and see what happens.

peace

Good feedback everyone. Yeah, what I was thinking was I'm on for about 4 months and then off for about 4 months and so forth. I like Bruce's idea of a long cycle and then a shorter one. A 6-8 weeker of prop/tren ace/dbol would be great for a short bang.

PS search "RealGains" or Real Gains I forget

he was one of the voices that argues HEAVILY for short cycles

Top Bottom