Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

short cycles VS. long cycles

Hahnb

What is everyones view on shorter cycles(4-6 weeks) versus a 10+ week cycle of prop for example? It's easier to follow the time on =time off rule with shorter cycles, and possibly better/faster recovery of natural test. Most gains are usually made within the first 6 weeks, water included but majority of gains usually come in the first 6 weeks. opinions?

I've tried both long and short cycles. I like short cycles because they are easier to recover from. If you can string several short cycles together it may be a good way to go. I still do both long and short.

As I see it, there only seems to be two possible rational reasons for using steroids for a period of time greater than 4 weeks. First, during a diet, the concurrent use of steroids for up to 12 weeks will greatly help in to minimize any muscle loss during this time. Secondly, if your current goal is largely for increased strength then you’ll find a cycle of no longer than 6 or 8 weeks of heavy androgen usage will be more successful than a short cycle. The reason behind this is simple, on a short cycle you simply don’t have the time to complete all that many workouts & of course you can only gain a certain amount of strength each time you train each muscle.

The idea behind short cycles is to shock the body into an explosive burst of growth for a short time in order to gain as much as possible while completely avoiding post-cycle regression. There are basically two reasons why this is the best way to approach steroid usage & why it is so effective at maintaining your gains in the off periods.

Firstly, the body doesn’t really get a chance to down-regulate it’s own production of testosterone in such short periods of steroid usage. Now I know what you’re going to say - in the W.A.R Guide it says that studies have shown that just using 20mg dbol/day for 10 days reduces your own testosterone production by 30-40% . This may be true but doesn’t take into account the use of anti-aromatases which I believe are an essential ingredient during times of steroid usage (no matter what the length of cycle). The use of these products stops much of the body’s down regulation of it’s natural testosterone levels (along with stopping the estrogen induced side-effects of gyno etc.) & makes them continually rise to above normal levels when you are not on the juice anymore, which makes holding on to gains that much easier. Also, because you are only using for such a short period you will not experience the steroid low when you come off the juice.

Secondly, by having only a brief period of fast mass gain it becomes easier for the body to accept the newly acquired steroid induced mass & therefore these gains are more likely to be permanent. With this program you can effectively change your body’s muscle homeostasis point (for the better) on a regular basis. After all, what is the good of using high doses of androgens (which aren’t cheap) for extended periods in order to gain say 20 pounds if we are going to lose a good amount of it when we do finally come off.

Another excellent reason to use short cycles, is that when you’re using gear, after roughly four weeks your gains tend to slow considerably yet most people will carry on with the cycle (with some even increasing their dosages) in the vain hope of gaining some more lean tissue. Now I don’t know the exact reason for this, it may be due to androgen receptor downgrade or simply because the body finds it difficult to continually add new muscle mass for extended periods, it may be a combination of the two. The bottom line is I nor anyone else can say exactly why this happens but the fact is it does happen. During this time you are effectively throwing your money away & setting yourself up for an even greater loss of size & strength when you do finally come off the juice.

Short fast acting esters are awesome, but I like long cycles myself....like what was stated above the faster you recover the more you'll enjoy your cycle...young guys can get away with long cycles...us old guys like short ones....unless we run all the time :D

i see where your comin from on the short cycle advise but what about when using something such as sust. I just dont see how you can gain that much in only 6 wks. If you do i want to know your secret

I've always done long cycles but the time for recovery is frustrating and hard.
Now I'm doing a 12 day cycle with prop and tren low doses and I'm so pleased I've decided never to do long cycles again. I beleeve it's easier to recover with fast acting gear as you are on for a shorter period. The gains are fast and it allows me to eat pretty much what I like for 2 weeks without gaining too much fat. A bulk for 8 weeks makes me fat, 2 weeks bulk with short esters are awsome. Harder, more vascular, stronger, and bigger. +9lb so far, 2 more days TO GO.

wow gains that fast? well ive never used prop except in sust. maybe i will try a few short cycles like that ... how long do you do pct for? and how long do you wait to do another cycle ?

lilpumper said:
i see where your comin from on the short cycle advise but what about when using something such as sust. I just dont see how you can gain that much in only 6 wks. If you do i want to know your secret

You are absolutely correct! Sustanon, or any other long acting compounds, are not options for short cycles. Acetate, propionate, phenylpropionate, isocaproate, caproate, enanthate, and cypionate esters are all good though. You're looking for a quick release....get in and get out. The addition of a fast acting oral like dbol makes a great compliment to a short cycle. I consider a fast acting oral a necessity in a short cycle.

lilpumper said:
wow gains that fast? well ive never used prop except in sust. maybe i will try a few short cycles like that ... how long do you do pct for? and how long do you wait to do another cycle ?

week 1-2: ON
week 3: nothing
week 4: Nothing

I've used clomid and nolv as HCG before for PCT but after my last long cycle I used tribulus, avena sativa and NAC for PCT with sucess

I'll never do a short cycle again. Waste of gear for the amount of gains to be made. I can get much more out of 10+ wks.

I would say the biggest difference you will notice practically is the recovery. I know a dude who ran tren-a for 47 weeks at moderate dosages

Top Bottom