Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Short cycles or long cycles and why.

Mike P.T.

Short - 12 weeks or less

Long - 16 weeks or more

Which do you prefer and at what doseages and with what drugs?

My next cycle I am planning on doing another long cycle.(24 weeks I'm planning starting March) Did a 7 month long cycle and it just ended about 2 months ago. I did moderate doseages all the way and maintained I would say 95% of my strength gains but cosmetic-wise I say I maintained 80% of what I looked like. Oh well. Stopped taking femera 2 weeks ago and took clomid for only a week. I'm happy to say the crash was not that bad at all. Sex drive was down a little bit but the femera kept it in check. Plus the extra sleep and backing off from training. Now I'm good to go. All in all everything went good and now I prefer longer more moderate dose cycles that the body can become accustomed to. Just my personal preference and it's worked well for me.

Current supplements I'm taking are injectable b-12 and extra vitamins and minerals and that's it. I drink coffee before a workout and sometimes eat a protein bar or have a shake here and there. Other than that I ear alot of real food and that's it for now. Need to get more Cell Tech though I liked that stuff.

I like shorter cause I notice that my gains stop at longer cycles. My gains diminish after abou tthe 10week mark. :(

-sk

I have done both. It depends on what you are using. Long acting esters are run for a longer time peroid to become effective. I find that changing a compund after the 10th week helps keeps gains going. I usually do prefer 12-16 weeks with lower to mderate doses. I keep 95% of my gains and feel better.

Well, I'll be doing my first long one for my contest prep....24 weeks....doing GH throughout with low-moderate dosages in the beginning and increasing to contest time, then low doses for a few more weeks after....I'll definately be taking many months off after this one...

I think long cycle are the way to go...I find that my bodyweight stabilizes a little better than if I did a short cycle...20-24 Weeks is what I'm planning for my next one.

muscleup said:
I think long cycle are the way to go...I find that my bodyweight stabilizes a little better than if I did a short cycle...20-24 Weeks is what I'm planning for my next one.

Do you keep on gaining at the same rate in longer cycles?

-sk

I think 10 weeks is perfect for me anything longer and in the last two weeks nothing happens. I found it hard to get my natural test back after a 14 week cycle compared to my nine week cycle I just got off of 4 weeks ago.

I was fairly fried by week 10 and gains in weight and strength had stagnated, I took a 1 week vacation (maintained my shots) and and made good gains again in weeks 12 thru 13.5 when I ran out. Next one is going to be a long duration medium dose with some scheduled recuperation time.

Athernigy said:

Do you keep on gaining at the same rate in longer cycles?

-sk

Definately not unless you increase the doseages of course or if you were taking milder compounds in the beginning and then took stronger ones. Do the pro's keep gaining 20 pounds every few months? Definately not and they are "on" at high doseages all the time practically. The whole point of longer more moderate dose cycles is so that the body can get used to the drugs as well as the added bodyweight over the long run. Think about it. The body likes to stay at a certain weight. Go on large doses for a short time and you will blow up no doubt about that but most likely you will also lose most of the gains from the cycle even with good post cycle recovery methods. This works for me really well I have found because I have trained natural for 8 years before ever juicing. Those of us who have trained naturally for years knows what it feels like to gain moderately to slow after the years go by so even long cycles with the moderate gains after some time are good enough. Plus the body I feel again can maintain it better. Obviously if you went on grams of steroids a week for a long time you can't expect to maintain alot of your gains when you come off but on moderate doseages I feel you can.

Example of my next cycle. 500mg sus/12 weeks along with 2.5mg femera eod and a fat burning mix. Then 500mg test/12 weeks along with 20mg d-bol ed with same dose femera plus 20mg eod nolvadex(health purposes) for another 12 weeks.

Moderate cycle that will produce consistent gains moderately throughout the whole course. Besides, I plan on staying in this game for a while and don't want to burn out from it either health wise or spending too much money as well. This cycle when I come off won't make me crash too hard since It wasn't an excessive amount anyway. To each their own I guess but personally I have found through my experience that longer more moderate cycles work better in the long run.

Top Bottom