Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sassy: July 2006 - 41 & CA Bound

Sassy69

* EDIT - 6/29/06 -- for the record, competition has been put off until some later date -- I'm trying to get myself to the other side of the country in a place I want to live & w/ a job I want to have. *

Once again on the road to competition. Another refocus back to BB as certain of my respected mentors admit to me that I am "not girlie enough" to do figure.... and I happened to be qualified for the NPC Master's Nationals this yr in July. So after exiting my last interesting position of employ I have more time to focus.

For ref, here's my last log where I was looking to do a figure show and my sporadic but most recent posts on my progress (or lack thereof):

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4884697#post4884697

Been experimenting w/ a new training routine & for a week so I guess now is as good a time as any to start up for real. The diet has been very clean but a bit random, tomorrow starts the scheduled diet. I am including the caveat that I'm also job hunting & looking outside of my current locale so a large-scale move may impact my goals, or not.

Target show: NPC Masters Nationals (women's BB) ==> about 17 weeks out.
Date: July 22-23
Where: Pittsburgh

Other dates in the vicinity:
- NPC Southern States: July 14-15 (Ft. Lauderdale) - oh yea, I turn 41 this weekend too :rolleyes:
- NPC Battle of Dixie: July 29 (Hoover, AL) -- this depends on where I live in 4 months....

Current stats:
bf ~20% (not formally measured yet)
Wt: 162 lb
(Height: 5'7")

Target stats (show day):
bf: 7-8%
wt: 135-140 -ish

Typical supps right now:
- SesaPure - Ulter's miracle supp
- Glucorell - r-ala
- Thermorexin or NYC+ - thermo
- Whatever Prenatal vitamins I have right now - just a beefed up multi, not to get pregnant.
- grape seed extract - anti-ox
- green tea extract - anti-ox, AM kick in the pants
- Cardio Breeze - AM kick in the pants
- Levorex - all around good stuff
- Oxycalm (to try cuz Buns said its good stuff....!)
- ALTYR
- Bev Intl Ultra 40s (liver tabs - extra protein source)
- Bev Intl Mass Aminos
- Nature's Greens (or whatever you call them --- greens supp in addition to veggies)
- GNC Digestive Enzymes & Beano -- yea, to handle those damn high broccoli days...

Couple general guidelines:
- each protein meal ~ 35 g protein
- total cals probably between 1800-2200 (need to lock into Fitday to get exact, but not today)
- complex carbs = oatmeal & sweet potatos - everything else tends to irritate my stomach.
- water - around 1.5 gal / day

Sometimes grapefruit in the morning. Miss24k had a question about this. My diets are based on stuff from Beverly International (props to Quadsweep & Quadsweep's Sister on my guidance here). The grapefruit is a bit different from most diets that will tell you no fruit because of the simple sugars. Here however, grapefruit & kiwi are two of those low-GI fruits that have been shown to help w/ digestion. So for the low amount of sugar vs the apparent benefit, right now I don't think it hurts to include some fruit which also gives the added benefit of including some natural enzymes which the body uses to shuttle out the daily waste.

26 Mar 2006 (Sunday)

Diet: (this is really random cuz I woke up waaay late today)
Meal 1: 11 am
1/2 container of tofu + 1 scoop Bev Intl Ultra Size
1/2 grapefruit + splenda
coffee

Meal 2: 2 pm
1 1/2 ground turkey patties
1 c broccoli
3 oz sweet potato

Meal 3: 5 pm - pre workout
1 1/2 ground turkey patties
3 greens tabs -- wanted to pass on the broccoli before training because its been doing a number on my stomach lately & no time to "digest" prior to training.

Meal 4: 8 pm - post workout
2 scoops Bev Intl Ultra Size + water - PWO shake (BLECH btw - not the Bev stuff, just shakes in general I have a hard time chugging these days..)

Meal 5: 9:00 pm
2 ground turkey patties
1 c broccoli
1 tbsp ANPB

Training: Chest & Bis
Notes:
- reversing my usual and going for higher wts on first set instead of ramping up over 3 sets
- much more geared towards super & giant sets for increased cardio effect - not really focused on mass so much as shape & developing better sweep & fullness.

5 min warmup: treadmill
incline press: warm up sets of bar/20 x 2
Giant Set: (3 sets of 12 reps each)
- incline press: 20/12, 15/12, 10/12 (this is the bar + wts on 1 side, e.g. 20/12 = 40 lb bar + 20 lb on each side = 80 lb)
- incline DB fly: 25/12, 25/8 + 20/4, 20/15 (this is wt of 1 DB)
- flat bench press: 20/12 (this is bar + wts on 1 side)
- cable x-over - standing upright to hit upper chest, shoulders: 20/12, 15/12 x 2 (note - for some reason our cables are wted very heavy - normallly this is a 40 lb wt for me)
Super Set: (3x, 12 reps)
- Preacher EZ bar curl: 40/12 50/12 40/12
- DB Hammer curl: 25/12 x 2, 20/12 -> 15/10 -> 10/15 -> 5/15 (burnout set)
Hi Cable bis: 15/12 x 2, 15/12 -> 10/10 -> 5/15 (burn out set, same comment about the heavier wts on the cable frame)

Cardio: 30 min LifeFitness Elliptical (watching Planet of the Apes in the "cardio theater"!)

Last edited:
Re: Sassy: July 2006 - 41 & BB Bound

YEA!! I am so excited to follow your log and your progress Sassy. I have been following all of your responses and suggestions to other woman on this board and have really grown to respect you and what you have to say and the input you give! I can't wait to learn a TON from how YOU personally cut and prepare for competition!! ;)

Good luck on the job hunting!

LOL! Thx --- sooo hard getting focused and that whole job thing may override the whole show thing. But we'll see. I'm excited. I came really close to never wanting to step into a gym again as a result of my job so in that respect I'm starting to enjoy it all again and keeping my goals focused on challenging myself instead of getting caught up in whatever happens at the competitions. The Southern States show is my personal nemesis so I'm really hoping I can pull that off as well 1 week before the target show. We'll see! Might have to get a new Pre-judge suit made as I have a complete set of figure suits right now. And already having fun running posing routines against different music!

Good Luck Sassy!!

Any pics of you for us to see? :)

Nothing really special to look at right now. Not really goign to worry about it for a few more weeks after I get my approach down solid.

Sassy69 said:
Nothing really special to look at right now. Not really goign to worry about it for a few more weeks after I get my approach down solid.

How much protein/fat/carbs do you take during the day?

Oh and Happy Birthday for the coming weekend in case I forget. ;)

No idea - i'd have to run the fitday numbers. Probably going to be around 50/30/20.

The bday isnt' until July - just thougth would be interesting to spend my 41st bday winning the overall at the Southern States show this yr!

Awesome....I should be able to swing the Pittsburgh show if you decide to do it. It's only 40 bucks on SouthWest to get there most of the time.

I had a question on what flavor you prefer with the Bev'l Ultimate Protein. I'm thinking about Cookies N Cream. Have you tried that one yet? I posted in my log that I may be going the Beverly route for the next 4-6 weeks since I really need to take my diet to the next level (and have heard very good things about Quadsweep & Quadsweep's sis) so I'm supplement shopping right now.

Look forward to following your progress!

Top Bottom