Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sassy: July 2006 - 41 & CA Bound

Re: Sassy: July 2006 - 41 & BB Bound

Sassy69 said:
I guess if the cal difference is primarily from pre / post workout meals then you should be ok....

I don't know :) I have to eat 6 meals (carb,protein) and then a shake with fruit juice before I go to bed on the days I workout and 5 meals (carb/protein) with no shake before I go to bed on the days I don't. Having problems with the ratio she gave me 45carb/35protein/20 fat with 40g of fat on workout days and 28g fat on non-workout. I seem to eat more protein. But she told me not to count calories or plug in numbers, just go by the measurements she wrote down, but everytime I plug them into fitday(yeah I am not listening to her) it doesn't come out to what she says????

Sounds like she's giving the ratio as guideance but if the specific meal plan doesn't match that, she is saying not to sweat it right now - that is if you've already pointed that out. Just a note about working w/ trainers - they give you info, and esp if you are relying on them heavily, clients will tend to hold on to every freekin' detail the trainer gives them. Then if somethign doesn't add up the cliient is left freaking out because it doesn't make sense. I'm all about if you hire a trainer, make sure that trainer is handled as an employee and not the person who leaves you in a mess -- if soemthign doesn't make sense, make them explain it. Even if you have to act dumb to get them to really answer the question. But mostly because the trainer doen't have lots of time already working w/ u, he/she can't guarantee that they know exactly what works for you - its up to u & them to work together to monitor what works, what doesn't, tweak to keep things moving all the time.

sounds good, I was going to talk to her tonight about the the ratio thing. I do only have 3 weeks left till I start bulking so I know it is going to change again. But your right, I am trying to do this sooo right I might be looking into things to much to be perfect.

Thanks! :)

ck2006 said:
sounds good, I was going to talk to her tonight about the the ratio thing. I do only have 3 weeks left till I start bulking so I know it is going to change again. But your right, I am trying to do this sooo right I might be looking into things to much to be perfect.

Thanks! :)

I totally understand where you are coming from - but another comment to try to keep things in perspective - every first-timer going into competitoin wants to "get it perfect" and "will do anything to get there". But again - you are new to understanding your own body and its reponse to diet & training, as is your trainer. You and the trainer will generally start w/ the approach that has proven itself on a macro level, and then tweak it along the way to match your particular body, timeframe, lifestyle (the stresses of daily life that all of this has to fit into so you dont' do things like lose your job or lose your mind or your family loses their mind), and your target goals. It can add a lot of additional stress wondering if you did something right or wrong, or try somethign & it didn't work or will you die and lose the show if you didnt' do that extra 10 min of cardio.

Sorry I'm rambling - but my point is that there are several levels of training goinig on -- the week to week stuff, the whole 16 week program, the competition prep cycle that you may need several repeats of to further tweak your body (e.g. to build up a lagging body part, further optimize the final week's approach to match how your body responds, etc.) I sort of frame that as "there's always another show" -- not to minimize the importance of your target show(s) but to keep the whole thing in perspective because sometiems you can't expect to come out like Monica Brandt after one round of 16 week prep, regardless of how hard you worked, how many sacrifices you made, etc. It is a constant evolution that can span years. E.g. me - 1981-1995 - trained because I love it. 1995-1999 - learned how to fit diet in better to get results, 2000-present - completed 3 shows, 2 w/ good results, 1 so fucked up I essentially had a physical & emotional shut down for about 6 months, leaving on-going tendonitis problems that I still deal w/, and always learning new stuff.

Anyway - sometimes even locking your trainer in a room & poundign them w/ questions until you understand everything of the entire program doesn't mean thigns will turn out that way, so its good to focus on the immediate goals & progress, but keep that in the longer term context and worry about things as they appropriate in the longer term so you don't kill yourself on the one (very small in the bigger scheme of life) little show effort. :)

your not rambling! This is your thread, and I love reading it for all the information, what you said was all true. :)

I was and am still going hard but realize that life doesn't always go your way, especially with 4 kids and lifes hardballs. But trying to stay focused and I know from a lot of reading these logs, as much as I want it, things happen. But November still is my date and is a long time away! Regardless what I place, I just want to (am going to) finish what I started!

Thanks again :rainbow:

Sassy69 said:
WHen do I get to meet a nice guy, get married & have a normal boring life in Suburbia, USA?
Hey Sassy......do we really care about that?....I mean REALLY? I've never been married....and I'm not sure I ever will be!

...and that's NOT a bad thing! lol

I think I do really care about that. I'm a nice Swedish girl from the midwest. That's what we do.

Sassy69 said:
I think I do really care about that. I'm a nice Swedish girl from the midwest. That's what we do.
Well, more power to 'ya then. Whatever trips your trigger. I guess, just coming off a bad relationship of SEVEN years, I'm a little BITTER!!! :lmao:

scorpiogirl said:
Well, more power to 'ya then. Whatever trips your trigger. I guess, just coming off a bad relationship of SEVEN years, I'm a little BITTER!!! :lmao:

Yea, I guess our situations are a little bit different...

Sassy69 said:
Yea, I guess our situations are a little bit different...
But Hey.....I applied to adopt a cat today from the kill shelter! YEY!!! I've been jealous of all you cat people for quite a while now.

ps....I'm LOVING reading your log!

Top Bottom