Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sassy 2005

1/7/05

Waking body temp: 98.3 degrees
supps - same, added Echinecea + goldenseal, kyolic garlic - cuz I feel a cold snooping around. Also replaced my flax seed oil w/ fish oil.

Meal 1 - 7:30 am
1 grilled turkey pattie
1/2 grapefruit

9 am - large black coffee + splenda

Meal 2 - 11 am
1/2 can albacore tuna + salad
3 tbsp vinegar & oil
diet coke

Meal 3- 2:30 pm
Optimum Nutrition Whey protein mix + inositol - This is 23 g protein/scoop, so I do 1.5 scoops to get around 30 g.

Meal 4 - 5:00 pm
4 oz chicken + salad
< 2 tbsp honey mustard low cal dressing

Meal 5 - 9 pm
protein shake + glutamine

Meal 6 - 10:30 pm
4 oz steak
1/2 c green beans

Totals:
Cal: 1404 Fat: 46g (30%) Carb: 62g (15%) Protein: 187 g (54%)

Training:
AM cardio - 20 min precor HIIT

PM training: Legs & abs
- 5 min elliptical
- squat + sissy squat: bar/30, 10/20 + 25 x 3
- Walking lunges up/down 25 degree ramp: 15/17 steps up & back x 3
- Leg extension (pyramid): 90/15 100/15 110/12, alternate legs burn out: 45/10 -> 30/10 -> 30/8
- Leg curl: 60/15, 60/5-5-5, 55/15 Alternate legs burn out: 30/10 -> 8 -> 5
- Abductor: 100/15 x 3
- abs: 3 types of crunches, 25 x 3
- stretching

Last edited:
1/8/05

Waking body temp: 98.8 degrees (friggen cold....)
supps - same, added Echinecea + goldenseal, kyolic garlic - cuz I feel a cold snooping around. Also replaced my flax seed oil w/ fish oil.

Meal 1 - 9 am
1/3 c oatmeal
1 whole egg + 4 egg whites

Meal 2 - 12 noon
1 turkey pattie + mustard
1 c fresh green beans (steamed)

Meal 3 - 3 pm
1 1/2 scoops peach mango Isopure protein mix + water

5 pm - diet cherry coke

Meal 4 - 6 pm
1/2 can albacore in water
2 c romaine / spinach salad
2 tbsp vinegar & oil

7:30 pm - diet cherry coke

Meal 5 - 9 pm
4 oz pork loin
1 c fresh green beans

Cal: 1124 Fat: 39 (32%) Carb: 40 (12%) Protein: 152 (56%)

Training:
1 hr yoga

Last edited:
Sassy69 said:
OK I'm starting to get a little more organized here. I recently moved & thought I had this great little food counts book packed somewhere, but it seems I've tossed or lost it. :worried: So I started setting up in fitday.com. There was some discussion about a supp I use, T-100X - for thyoid support. The one thing to keep in mind when you are manipulating your thyroid (or just monitoring for optimal functionality) is to take your resting body temp, e.g. right when you wake up. I use a digital thermometer for this. Also expect to get pix on Sat & do the dreaded caliper measures.

I was wondering why you need to check your resting body temp while taking thyroid medication. I when I begin cutting in spring I was thinking about using something similar to synthroid so I was wondering what I should be looking for with my temperature and why?
Thanks Sassy you are an inspiration!!!

Courtneybcca said:
Sassy69 said:
OK I'm starting to get a little more organized here. I recently moved & thought I had this great little food counts book packed somewhere, but it seems I've tossed or lost it. :worried: So I started setting up in fitday.com. There was some discussion about a supp I use, T-100X - for thyoid support. The one thing to keep in mind when you are manipulating your thyroid (or just monitoring for optimal functionality) is to take your resting body temp, e.g. right when you wake up. I use a digital thermometer for this. Also expect to get pix on Sat & do the dreaded caliper measures.

I was wondering why you need to check your resting body temp while taking thyroid medication. I when I begin cutting in spring I was thinking about using something similar to synthroid so I was wondering what I should be looking for with my temperature and why?
Thanks Sassy you are an inspiration!!!

First I don't advocate self-medicating for thyroid. The t-100x is an OTC supp that I just wanted to try. Just in general you can get an idea of how "efficient' your thyroid is operating by taking your resting body temp.

This is a post by Mallet over at musclesci.com:
How well do you know your thyroid?

The basal body temperature (bbt) is a highly sensitive and accurate measure of low thyroid function, perhaps exceeding the reliability of available blood tests. The late Broda Barnes, MD., a pioneer in the diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disorders, developed this test and successfully diagnosed and treated many patients based on it's results.

The BBT test was developed as a simple measure of detecting hypothyroid conditions. It is based on the observation that hypothyroid patients typically run lower than normal body temperatures. This makes sense, since body temperature (heat output) Is a direct measure of the amount of fuel (food and oxygen) being burned by the cells.

In terms of the ultimate objective of measuring thyroid function--that is, determining the ability of thyroxine to enter the cells and influence metabolism--the BBT test is the most logical assessment tool. The BBT is taken immediately upon awakening.

Taking Your Basal Body Temperature
Your body temperature reflects your metabolic rate, which is largely determined by hormones secreted by the thyroid gland. The function of the thyroid gland can be determined by simply measuring your basal body temperature. All that is needed is a thermometer.
PROCEDURE:
Shake down the thermometer to below 95° and place it by your bed before going to sleep at night.
On waking, place the thermometer in your armpit for a full 10 minutes. It is important to make as little movement as possible. Lying and resting with your eyes closed is best. Do not get up until the 10 minute test is completed.
After 10 minutes, read and record the temperature and date.
Record the temperature for at least three mornings (preferably at the same time of day) and give the information to your physician. Menstruating women must perform the test on the second, third and fourth days of menstruation. Men and postmenopausal women can perform the test any time.
INTERPRETATION:
Your basal body temperature should be between 97.6° F and 98.2° F. Low basal body temperatures (below 97.6° F) are quite common and may reflect hypothyroidism. Common signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism are:

Depression
Difficulty in losing weight
Dry Skin
Headaches
Lethargy or fatigue
Menstrual problems
Recurrent infections
Sensitivity to cold
High basal body temperatures (above 98.2° F) are less common, but may be evidence of hyperthyroidism. Common signs and symptoms of hyperthyroidism include:

Anxiety attacks
Bulging eyeballs
Fast pulse
Hyperactivity
Inability to gain weight
Insomnia
Irritability
Menstrual problems
Nervousness

BTW, do some research on synthroid before you pursue it - I've never tried it, but I think it really does nothing, at least not compared to t-3.

Last edited:
1/9/05:

< sick sick sick today>

Meal 1: 12 noon
1 whole egg + 3 egg whites
3 pieces of turkey bacon

Meal 2: 4 pm
1 protein bar

Meal 3: 8 pm
3 pieces of turkey bacon
1 whole egg + 3 egg whites

9 pm - 1 cup decaf

Cals: 756 Fat: 38 (50%) Carb: 11 (5%) Protein: 76 (44%)

Training: none

Pix:

Relaxed: front, back, side

Last edited:
The Shadow said:
ALRIGHT....Pics are where??

Had to throw in some poses for shits & grins: front double bi, side chest, back double bi, side quarter turn

Last edited:
Sassy, looking good. Your frame looks great. You definitely look like you have competed/should compete. You are very inspiring!
Hope you feel better too!

Sassy69 said:
Had to throw in some poses for shits & grins: front double bi, side chest, back double bi, side quarter turn

LOOKING HOT

Top Bottom