Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

SARMS1: GW510516 (Cardarine) + S4 (Andarine); StrongLifts 5x5 Log

theque

Hello everyone,

I have decided I would log my new diet, supplement, and exercise routine. This will be a 12 week log. Feel free to follow me as there will be lengthy daily updates as well as updated stats and pictures every four weeks. I believe this will be a beneficial log for people for a couple reasons. First I have been on a dedicated exercise and diet program for the last 8 weeks, so I can give comparisons to my energy level of a standard diet versus the Evolutionary Diet. Secondly, as I have never taken SARMS nor have I taken any supplements before (aside from GNC Vitamin Packs, and Creatine), I will be able to describe how they make a difference to my energy and strength levels in the gym.

Tomorrow, Monday March 10, 2014 will be Day 1. What you can expect from this log is a detailed account of a beginner utilizing a good diet, a reasonable beginners full body weight lifting program taking quality SARMS.

This will be the first time I have ever taken any SARMS. Due to the cost coupled with my high body fat, I decided I would just stick with the following:

1 – 12 GW-510516 (Cardarine) 10mg x 2 [Morning / Afternoon (30 min before walk to gym)]
1 – 12 S4 (Andarine) 25mg x 2 [Morning / Afternoon (30 min before walk to gym)]

I may add HCGenerate in after the first month, but I have not decided yet.

This is the start of week 9 of my diet and exercise program. However my diet up to this point was just a caloric deficit of approximately 500 calories a day below my TDEE. My new diet will be the Evolutionary Diet running at 2300 calories a day. Along with my daily exercise I will post my myfitnesspal daily food journal in each post to keep track of my calories and macros.

Below is my starting stats as well as my current stats.

Day 1 Statistics:

Weight: 232 lbs
Height: 5’ 8”
Body Fat: ~28% (this is just an estimation based on my photo’s feedback)

(Unflexed)
Shoulders: 52.50”
Chest: 44.75”
Waist: 43.00”
Hips: 46.00”
Arms: 15.25”
Forearms: 11.75”
Thighs: 29.25”
Calves: 16.75”

Start of Week 9 (Day 0 of this log) Statistics:

Weight: 224.6 lbs
Height: 5’ 8”
Body Fat: +20% (I will let you guys determine what you think it is)

(Unflexed)
Shoulders: 52.50”
Chest: 45.00”
Waist: 40.25”
Hips: 44.50”
Arms: 15.75”
Forearms: 12.25”
Thighs: 29.00”
Calves: 16.50”

My exercise routine is an edited version of StongLifts 5 x 5. The first edit is that I am doing 5 x 5 on my deadlifts instead of 1 x 5 as the weights are so low I feel the extra pulls are beneficial; at 275 I will move to 4 x 5, at 315 -> 3 x 5, at 365 -> 2 x 5 and 405+ will be 1 x 5 is my plan. The next edit is that on Mondays I do 3 x 8 chinups (these are assisted at this point), Wednesdays 3 x 8 dips (these are assisted at this point), and Friday 3 x 8 Pullups (these are assisted at this point). Finally on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I walk/hike a few miles with my girlfriend. Again, this is the start of week 9 of this program so the following will have my start and my current weights.

Day 1 Lifts:

Squat: 5 x 5 @ 95 Lbs
Deadlift: 5 x 5 @ 135 Lbs
Bench: 5 x 5 @ 95 Lbs
OHP: 5 x 5 @ 65 Lbs
Rows: 5 x 5 @ 75 Lbs

Chinups: 3 x 8 assisted with ? weight (Sorry I did not log this)
Dips: 3 x 8 assisted with ? weight (Sorry I did not log this)
Pullups: 3 x 8 assisted with ? weight (Sorry I did not log this)

Start of Week 9 (Day 0 of this log) Lifts:

Squat: 5 x 5 @ 220 Lbs
Deadlift: 5 x 5 @ 255 Lbs
Bench: 5 x 5 @ 160 Lbs
OHP: 5 x 5 @ 125 Lbs
Rows: 5 x 5 @ 135 Lbs

Chinups: 3 x 8 assisted with 42 lbs
Dips: 3 x 8 assisted with 18 lbs
Pullups: 3 x 8 assisted with 72 lbs

With all of the above said, I want to let everyone know how I feel on Day 0. The Squats are getting really heavy, I was not sure if I was going to stall on 215 lbs, but I made it through. I feel I have the fortitude to make 225 lbs on Wednesday, but I may stall soon after. My OHP is pretty much at a stall point. The last set of 125 lbs was nowhere near strict form, slight leg drive on the last 2 reps of the last set. I feel very strong at my current level of bench, rows and deadlifts; I do not see these stalling for a while. As you can see from my Chinups and Pullups, I am lacking in my Lats pretty badly but each session I am getting stronger. We will see if the SARMS help in any of these areas.

Day 1 / 60(Day 0 of log) pictures:

Embedded pictures not working for me so the following are URL's

Front:

Front+30+Day.jpg

Side:

Side+30+Day.jpg

Back:

Back+30+Day.jpg

Flex:

Flex+30+Day.jpg

Front Belly: (No hidden)

20140309_204801.jpg
]

Side Belly: (No Hidden)
20140309_204820.jpg

Front Thigh: (No Hidden)
20140309_204936.jpg

Last edited:
Re: SARMS1: GW510516 (Cardarine) + S4 (Andarine); Evolutionary Diet; StrongLifts 5x5

Day 1:

Supplements:

GW-510516 (Cardarine): 10mg (Before workout)
S4 (Andarine): 25mg (Before workout)

Exercise:

Walk: 1 mile to gym

Squats: 5 x 5 @ 220 lbs
OHP: 5 x 5 @ 125 lbs
Deadlift: 5 x 5 @ 255 lbs
Chinups: 3 x 8 assisted with 60 lbs (Pretty spent by this time)

Walk: 1 mile back home

Food:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports/printable_diary/raytayse?from=2014-03-10&to=2014-03-10

Notes:

First I would like to speak to the SARMS1 customer service. I ordered my Cardarine and Andarine on Friday night. On Saturday morning I received a shipping notice that my package would be out that day. This was awesome in itself as most companies would have just waited until Monday to ship. Then when I got home from work today and checked the mailbox as I always do, there was my package. Due to this supper fast delivery, I was able to take my first Pre-Workout dose today. Obviously it takes more time to hit the system than one dose so there were no effects yet; but I may see something by Wednesday or Friday’s routine…

Both my Squats and my OHP are going to stall soon. I am hoping I have enough energy to do 225 lbs (2 plates) at 5 x 5 on my squats for the first time in my lift on Wednesday. I think I have enough in me to finish up the week before stalling on the weight, but it is getting really hard.

Today I felt pretty good on energy. This certainly has to do with all of the food I ate yesterday at my belated birthday party (Birthday was last week). I expect that as the week goes on, I will lose energy very fast as this is the first time ever attempting the Evolutionary Diet.

Re: SARMS1: GW510516 (Cardarine) + S4 (Andarine); Evolutionary Diet; StrongLifts 5x5

Good log bro. If your oh press stalls try dropping weight and doing slow eccentrics for a few sessions or doing 10 x 6 push press for a few weeks. If your squat stalls you may want to do the patient method where you do 6 x 2 then after 3 weeks (6 workouts) you have worked up to 6 x 4 of the same weight then add more weight. I stall a bit and often have to employ different protocols to get gains again.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

Good log bro. If your oh press stalls try dropping weight and doing slow eccentrics for a few sessions or doing 10 x 6 push press for a few weeks. If your squat stalls you may want to do the patient method where you do 6 x 2 then after 3 weeks (6 workouts) you have worked up to 6 x 4 of the same weight then add more weight. I stall a bit and often have to employ different protocols to get gains again.

Great suggestions. What I am doing with the OHP is a bit of leg drive, and then doing slow eccentrics (4 count to my chest); my shoulders are on fire tonight lol.

For squats, this program (http://stronglifts.com) is pretty specific on stalls and deloads. It is a beginner program where you squat 3 times a week adding 5 lbs each time. If you stall you do the same weight again the next time, if you stall 3 times in a row, you deload by 10% or 30 lbs (Whichever is greater) and work back up. After your 3rd deload you should be moving to the next program which I believe is a 5/3/1 program.

I am extremely happy with my progress so far; both in strength gains and fat loss. From reading other logs of people, most seem to get a good 6+ months out of this program if they are a beginner. I am on week 9 and feeling great. I know deloads are part of the game though.

I know a lot of the posters here are advanced lifters and in pretty darn good shape. I am hoping to show how a beginner with a pretty high body fat can lose it with the proper diet and exercise while utilizing the latest and greatest supplements on the market. Obviously diet and exercise works, look at my 0 -> 60 photos. Now lets see how much better adding the GW and S4 is...

That's great progress so far bro, keep it up. ;) deloading is important as you say and also tissue quality maintenance...so foam rolling/ massage etc. There is a great article on improving front squat from Poliquin you may want to read up on. I know some times he is full of shit but his strength articles are usually worth a look.

That's great progress so far bro, keep it up. ;) deloading is important as you say and also tissue quality maintenance...so foam rolling/ massage etc. There is a great article on improving front squat from Poliquin you may want to read up on. I know some times he is full of shit but his strength articles are usually worth a look.

Thanks man, I'll check it out. Hope you follow and enjoy my log over the next 12 weeks. I am trying to make it as comprehensive as I possibly can; I think it's the OCD / Product Manager in me lol.

Day 2:

Supplements:

GW-510516 (Cardarine): 10mg x 2 [Morning / Afternoon (Before workout)]
S4 (Andarine): 25mg x 2 [Morning / Afternoon (Before workout)]

Exercise:

Walk: ~7 miles

Food:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports/printable_diary/raytayse?from=2014-03-11&to=2014-03-11

Notes:

Every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday are rest days according to StrongLifts to allow for full recovery. With that said, on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday we do low intensity cardio for a few hours; this generally consists of a walk around our city / parks. Today is Tuesday so we did our standard walk around our city / parks for 2 hours. We use to use endomondo to track our walks, but they are pretty consistent so we stopped. In general we walk just about 3.5 miles per hour. My hamstrings are very tight and sore today.

Not seeing any side effects, good or bad yet.

Day 3:

Supplements:

GW-510516 (Cardarine): 10mg x 2 [Morning / Afternoon (Before workout)]
S4 (Andarine): 25mg x 2 [Morning / Afternoon (Before workout)]

Exercise:

Walk: 1 mile to gym

Squats: 5 x 5 @ 225 lbs
Bench: 5 x 5 @ 160 lbs
Row: 5 x 5 @ 140 lbs
Dips: 3 x 8 assisted with 12 lbs

Walk: 1 mile back home

Food:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports/printable_diary/raytayse?from=2014-03-12&to=2014-03-12

Notes:

Today I would like to discuss the taste of the GW and S4 products. The GW does not have much going on in the flavor department and is quickly resolved by a drink of something. The same cannot be said for what will forever be known as the worst tasting thing I have ever put in my mouth, S4. It is a mix of a chemical composed of 50% fire and 50% bitter taste bud destroyers. With that said I have found a trick to taking S4, and GW if you want. Take a standard shot glass and put 1 teaspoon of RealLemon lemon juice and fill the rest with water. Put your .5 ml of S4 into the shot, it will look all hazy, and shoot it back. Between the dilution and the fact the lemon juice protects your bitter taste buds, a quick few sips of water fixes the remaining taste.

Today I squatted 2 plates for 5 for the first time in my life. Every addition I have in the next ‘n’ weeks will be a new PR, and that excites me very much. Bench press no longer feels light, but not super heavy either, and the rows seem to be following the bench press.

I don’t know if it is placebo at this point (only 5 doses in) but the 225 @ 5 x 5 today was easier than the 220 @ 5 x 5 on Monday. I am not saying 225 @ 5 x 5 was easy today, in fact it was tough; but it was definitely easier than Monday’s squats. Furthermore, I usually feel completely spent at the end of my workouts. Today I feel really good, like I could do more and seemingly a lot more. Again this may be placebo, but I’ll take it either way. I hope the trend continues on Friday.

*note* While I was sitting here I noticed a metallic taste in my mouth. It just so happens my upper gums were bleeding a little bit. I do not know if this is a side effect, but I do know the same thing happened to me a few years ago when I took Hydroxycut. Just thought I would note that.

I here to follow as well good friend.I love the set up, follow everything to a tee and you will have amazing results!

Top Bottom