Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Roid effect on sperm production

RD210

Hello, I have taken andro (andro spray) before and definitely noticed the yoyo effect that it had on my natural levels. I'm sure roids have this effect to a higher degree so when considering this I have some worries. One of them being, say I were to do a small/moderate cycle of test (or something weaker like EQ), is there any way that this could eliminate or greatly lower my sperm production permanently? I'm sure this isn't likely and is being overly paranoid, but does each cycle lower your sperm count a little each time or anything like this? Also, when you come off of a cycle and your test levels are back to par, will your "par test levels" be lower than they would have been prior to the cycle? Thanks.

Exogenous testosterone can have a very big impact on sperm produciton. It can lower your count to zero or for others have very little impact. It has been lookd at as a form of male birth control (although it almost certainly will never be completely used for that). The decrease in sperm production can be a problem as it may be irreversible for some. This is one of the chances you should take into consideration especially if you ever plan to have children. Now the chance is probably not that great, but you should be aware that there is a chance of that happening.

test is in no way a birth controll,i knocked up my ex girlfriend mid cycle.it can lower your sperm count but doesnt make you sterele,although long term useage can.

Informative post on the subject ...

Rémy! said:
Total infertility from heavy aas is not very likely - and if it occurs it is reversable and successful.
A exerpt from a message I posted for Citruscide on chat:
http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128924

Effect of androgenic anabolic steroids on sperm quality and serum hormone levels in adult male bodybuilders.

Torres-Calleja J, Gonzalez-Unzaga M, DeCelis-Carrillo R, Calzada-Sanchez L, Pedron N.

Unidad de Investigacion Medica en Biologia de la Reproduccion, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico, DF.

The purpose of this study was to assess the influence of the administration of high doses of androgenic anabolic steroids (AAS) on endocrine and semen parameters. Thirty volunteering bodybuilders were studied (ages ranging between 26.6 +/- 4.1 years). A history of anabolic steroid administration was recorded for fifteen subjects, and results of semen analysis and endocrine parameters were compared with data from fifteen bodybuilders not using steroids. In those subjects using AAS, eight had sperm counts under the lower normal limit (20 x 10(6) sperm/ml), three had azoospermia, two polyzoospermia, and two had normal sperm counts. The percentage of morphologically normal sperm was significantly reduced, only 17.7% had normal spermatozoa. In the control group, only one subject had oligozoospermia. The hormonal parameters revealed reduced FSH (1.5 +/- 3.2 vs 5.0 +/- 1.6, p < 0.001) and PRL (5.1 +/- 4.9 vs 9.2 +/- 4.4, p < 0.01) levels. LH, T, E2 and DHEA levels did not vary.

Reversible hypogonadism and azoospermia as a result of anabolic-androgenic steroid use in a bodybuilder with personality disorder. A case report.

Boyadjiev NP, Georgieva KN, Massaldjieva RI, Gueorguiev SI.

Faculty of Medicine, Department of Physiology, Plovdiv, Bulgaria. [email protected]

We report a case of reversible hypogonadism and azoospermia resulting from anabolic-androgenic steroid abuse in a body-builder with primary personality disorder. A keen body builder, a 20-year-old man, developed acute aggressive and destructive behavior after 10-month use of Bionabol (mean total dose of 1,120 mg per month), and Retabolil (mean total dose of 150 mg per month). He was found to meet the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-IV ed. (DSM-IV) criteria for Borderline personality disorder. On admission to the hospital the clinical profile of the patient showed extremely low levels of serum testosterone. Values increased to normal levels 10 months after withdrawal of steroids. The semen was azoospermic at the beginning of the study period, oligospermic five months later, and reached 20 x 10(6) sperm per mL ten months after the steroid discontinuation. Anabolic steroids can greatly affect the male pituitary-gonadal axis. A hypogonadal state, characterized by decreased serum testosterone and impaired spermatogenesis, was induced in the patient. This condition was reversible after the steroid withdrawal, but the process took more than ten months. His personal imbalance could be considered a personality trait rather than a result of the anabolic-androgenic steroid use. There were probably dispositional personality characteristics that contributed to anabolic steroid abuse in our patient. The hypogonadal changes which occurred after his long-term steroid abuse were for the most part reversible.

The reversibility of anabolic steroid-induced azoospermia.

Turek PJ, Williams RH, Gilbaugh JH 3rd, Lipshultz LI.

Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA.

Anabolic steroid associated male infertility is a little known but potentially treatable form of drug related infertility. We report on a bodybuilder with a 5-year history of steroid use who was azoospermic. He underwent successful gonadotropin replacement and conception was achieved 3 months after therapy was initiated. Important diagnostic and therapeutic considerations in steroid-induced infertility are discussed.

Anabolic steroids and semen parameters in bodybuilders.

Knuth UA, Maniera H, Nieschlag E.

Max Planck Clinical Research Unit for Reproductive Medicine, Munster, Federal Republic of Germany.

The influence of high-dose anabolic steroid administration on endocrine and semen parameters of 41 bodybuilders (age, 26.7 +/- 0.7 years [mean +/- SEM]; height, 182 +/- 1 cm; weight, 97.5 +/- 2.0 kg) was investigated. History of anabolic steroid administration was recorded retrospectively, and results of semen analysis were compared with data from 41 consecutively recruited normal volunteers not using any steroids or other drugs. Doses of anabolic steroids taken by bodybuilders exceeded those generally applied for clinical purposes by up to 40-fold. Although only 5 of the normal volunteers had sperm counts below the lower normal limit of 20 x 10(6) sperm/mL, 24 of the bodybuilders showed subnormal values. Depending on the duration of anabolic steroid use and the period since last drug intake before the investigation, percentages of motile and normally formed sperm were significantly reduced in bodybuilders compared with normal volunteers. In those bodybuilders who had stopped consumption of anabolic steroids greater than 4 months previously, sperm numbers were in the normal range. Results suggest that even after prolonged use of extremely high doses of anabolic steroids, sperm production may return to normal

Thanks everyone. I understand the last article for the most part. It says that sperm count generally rises after the discontinuation of use. However I don't know what polyzoospermia & oligozoospermia is? From the context I infered that these are low levels of sperm?? and that azoospermia is no sperm I guess. Anyways, I guess its risky but that study is very reasuring that sperm levels returned after 4 mos. of discontinuation. Thanks again.

i will be a daddy of a little bouncing baby boy in august so dont think that test will keep you safe in any place.

My girlfriend was concerned about me becoming sterile. So I'm taking 3 months off gear at the end of this cutting cycle, then I'm going to have some sperm frozen so I can continue cycling in the future. Some American soldiers have done the same thing before they went off to war.

Top Bottom