Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Review of the third edition of 'Built to Survive'. Reviewed by Alan Chiras.

alanchiras

Plat Hero
Platinum
Review of ‘Built to Survive!’ by Michael Mooney and Nelson Vergel. 175 pages, 407 references. Published by Program for Wellness Restoration; Houston TX. By Alan Chiras.

I have used the book Built to Survive as my main source not only in answering many questions brought up here on the Elite Fitness board, but in my own private use. This book is what one of my doctors refers to as ‘The Bible’ of reference for PWA using AAS and Test to gain LBM. Now in its third edition, I thought that we should go over the material in it and to give an overview to it and why even those people not HIV infected might want a copy on their shelves.

The forward has not changed at all, simply giving you an introduction to the book and three references from MD’s that use the materials in the book.

The introduction and ‘Nelson’s Story’ have not changed either – introducing you to the two men who wrote this book and their inspiration for it and their work.

Chapter 4 deals with Wasting Syndrome Treatment Issues, which not only states that muscle wasting is among the greatest main killers of people HIV+, but that most doctors in the US that are even specialized in treatment of HIV+ people, are not only scared to give Test and AAS to their patients, but for wasting, their main drug of choice – Megase is a terrible option.

Chapter 5 deals with why Megase is the worst possible solution for wasting in PWA’s.

Chapter 6 deals with Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis and why total body weight is not enough to determine the health of someone that is HIV+. By the way, not even my doctor that gives me Test and AAS does this test and now thru ‘The Sharper Image’ catalog and web site, you can buy a scale to do this for about $100.00.

Chapter 8 is the first of two looks at all the available legal Test and AAS to use on HIV+ people.

It should be noted at this point; that there are only about half a dozen legal steroids that are FDA approved and can be legally prescribed by doctors in the US for PWA’s, even though in the black market there are about 50 different types of drugs that are used to produce LBM. At one small point in the book, the authors discourage non-legal purchases of Test and AAS. I find this odd in the face of the history of HIV and AIDS in the 80’s where people would do anything to get the latest so called miracle drug no matter how many laws they had to break even the vast majority of these had no effect. Here, we have drugs that are known to have positive effect, and we are being discouraged from reaching out – even when we can’t find a doctor to prescribe them – and use drugs known to add LBM to your body. Just remember, even if you find a progressive enough doctor to give you this treatment, they still can’t write you a script for D-bol for example – and we know how popular this AAS is with bodybuilders.

Chapter 10 goes into The Steroid Control Act of 1990 and how that has been used as a weapon against doctors into scaring them from writing scripts for these drugs even if they are the best solution for their clients.

Chapters 16 and 17 go into possible and real side effects of Test and AAS and how to deal with them.

Chapter 18 is the second analysis of the available AAS and Test for you doctor to write a script for.

Chapter 20 is new and is about supplementation or Orthomolecular nutrition. It goes into great detail about the vitamins, supplements and minerals needed over the RDA for PWA’s The only problem that I see is if I took the word about what was said in this chapter and applied it, I would probably be taking an extra 100 pills a day. Fortunately, the stress several times to find a nutrition expert that can draw your blood to analyze your levels and to make suggestions in order of importance. It also tells you what to avoid at the vitamin store also.

Chapter 25 is about doing freeweight exercises for LBM. This chapter has been greatly increased since the first edition. Instead of just leaving you at a beginner level with no guidance, they now encourage you to start with what they propose, and then build on that. I wish they would deal with the psychology of moving from machines to the freeweight area of the gym which was very emotionally difficult to do because most of the people at the gym that say anti-Gay things out loud in the locker room are found there for my gym.

Chapter 27 is new and gives testimonials to the use of the contents of the book and program in Houston, TX and shows the great results.

A great book for anyone – HIV Poz or Neg on the use of Test and AAS in your life and workout routine.

Thanks! Alan Chiras.

i read some of it at barnes and nobles

great read !

i only skimmed a few bits and peices.... i guess the book is a great seller at the musclemag international store in chicago land (heard from a worker there)

hi alan....I am new to this site, but from what I have seen so far it's great.....i am also planning on ordering your book asap..
my question here for you would be.......could u recommend any steroids, chemicals ore regime which would help rebuilding a certain fatloss in my face.......i am working out regulary and take some protein supplements at the moment...my body looks great...the only problem i am working against is the fatloss in my face........any recommendations...if u like and have the time u can also e-mail me directly at [email protected]. appreciate your work
p

Top Bottom