Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

reuse syringe used to backfill insulin syringe

L

leonidas33

would this be ok?

all I am using one syringe for is withdrawing the gear from the file... i then backfill an insulin pin with it... inject with the insulin pin and throw away the insulin pin... is it ok to just swab the withdrawal needle and recap for later use?

No. It is better to use a new needle everytime. Alcohol does not kill all the bacteria sure it helps reduce the risk but not take it totally away. so why use a used needle for anything.

leonidas33 said:
would this be ok?

all I am using one syringe for is withdrawing the gear from the file... i then backfill an insulin pin with it... inject with the insulin pin and throw away the insulin pin... is it ok to just swab the withdrawal needle and recap for later use?
real smart idea

errn247 said:
No. It is better to use a new needle everytime. Alcohol does not kill all the bacteria sure it helps reduce the risk but not take it totally away. so why use a used needle for anything.

the withdrawal needle does not come into contact with anything but the vial... still a bad idea to reuse?

sincere81oo0 said:
1 to draw
1 to poke

new one every time..... too cheap to risk your health

:rolleyes:

please read my original post before you assume I am poking twice with the same needle! I would NEVER do that!

leonidas33 said:

please read my original post before you assume I am poking twice with the same needle! I would NEVER do that!

never said you were.... now please re-read my post and see all i said was to use one for drawing and a seperate one for poking. new needle every time... never said you were poking twice with the same needle. once that needle is unpackaged, i use it to break rubber or to break skin, one or the other not both and then its garbage....

I've heard it said that the needle loses about 50% of it's sharpness by going through the rubber vial stopper ONCE

...now, if you've used that same needle to withdraw several times ...you might need a hammer to use it to stick yourself with

Top Bottom