Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recovery Time: Big/ Small Muscle Groups

Hoopsdaddy135

Me and a friend of mine got into an argument about training frequency today. He says that the smaller muscle groups take more time to recover, but larger muscle groups such as legs and back recover the fastest. So he says it is O.K. to work legs everyday.

I only work each muscle group once a week, but I know that smaller muscle groups recover faster (like biceps, abs, and calves). And I believe working legs everyday would be doing more harm than good. At least 48 hours rest for each muscle group, but legs are questionable.

Who is right? Do larger muscle groups take longer to recover then smaller ones?

Smaller muscle groups dont recover any faster because if your split is set up right as soon as they start to get fresh they are hit as secondary muscles when your training some of the larger groups. Once per week for each bodypart is plenty, especially when training naturally. Cardio doesnt count as a leg workout but your legs need at least 2 days a week where you arent using them heavily.

If your friend thinks that he can train legs every day the he needs to come squatting with the big boys. When I train thighs hard (once per week). I feel deep pain for up to 5 days afterwards. I run 3 miles per day (as warmup/ warmdown) but could never count this as a "leg workout".

Yeah, I don't agree with any of his training principles. He's one of those guys who benches "halfway" and then tells me I'm fucking up my shoulder for benching correctly. He never trains legs, and works chest/bicep 3-4 days a week. And he thinks any amount of protein over 20g a meal is worthless and can't be used by the body.

Top Bottom