Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recovery log after surgery

Been doing hills the last few days.

About 45 minutes to an hr. Shins are dam killing me. See the ortho Wednesday. Cant wait. Need approval to start real cardio. Running/jogging etc. Gonna see if im able to do any body weight exercises.

Ive been going over some things.

Restrictions after 20 weeks are Kinda upsetting. So i am gonna have to see what kind of alternatives i have.
1957be49ab993b43ea28c48ec9b1d267.jpg

Therapy is dam killing me. I feel like a total newb. I push myself so hard by the time therapy/rehab is over. My arm is shaking so bad.. Lol.

So we have added many more exercises.

Everything is 3-5sec hold x2sets

Side lying external rotation with 3lb weight.

Hold for 5 sec repeat 20 reps x 2sets

Low rows with bands

Hold a band between both hands palm up in front of me , elbows at my sides. Pull outward to the sides with both hands Keeping elbows down at my side. 20 x 2sets

Standing with bands.

Elbows down to the side , hand in front of me i perform and external rotation 20 reps x2

Followed by internal rotation with band.

20rep x 2

Tricep extension 2 sets black bands

5 sec down , hold for 3 sec,...slowly retract 5 sec to starting position

Wall presses w/ towel. Forward and side.

These kill me.im so spent when doing these.

It takes everything i have to push up the wall.

I can get about 3/4 with elbow in front of my body. I cannot yet rotate my arm enough to do a proper pressing motion. Cannot get the elbow/ arm to the side of my body and hand upward as if im doing a press. It will take some time.

Bench press (lol)

Laying on my back i have a pvc 1"pipe with an ankle weight wrapped around it.

I do 25 or more presses...very slowly down and up count to about 7 each way.

Laying on my stomach on the table with my right arm hanging off the side i do a

one arm row

Reverse fly /Read delt raise

Then keeping my arm in a straightened position hanging off the table i raise my arm to my butt.. Behind me without causing pain.

Plus all my normal exercises and stim. Finish with ice.. Done in about 2 hrs

See the ortho Wednesday.

More physical and strenuous Stretching should be in the works. Also, im pushing for my cardio jogging/running and see about pushups. Evennif she will allow them from my knees i will take it.. Better than nothing.

Will update after my app.
Hopefully there will be good news. I know the hard stuff(pain) will be coming.. Im looking forward to whatever gets my range of motion back. Im about 40 % right now.. It sucks ...i can tell you that. Bring on the pain. Just get me back to normal...

Been a long day with the dr.
Saw the ortho today. She said im very tight. (Tendons).
She said the tear was pretty severe she is not surprised.
Gonna add in overhead pulleys. To help with range of motion and stretching the tendons.
Work Restrictions are the same. Nothing has changed for now.
So dont know what work will do or how they will react. Had to send everything to my lawyer and work. I am to continue therapy 2x a week. See her again in 8 weeks.
She said closer to 6 month range for better range of motion better flexability.. /
Im able to jog /run. Do cardio. I was told do not push the arm past the point of exhaustion.
Even discussed my trt and referred me to a dr. In house.

Went on a family vacation for a week.
Nurse even called me twice on vacation.
Next she called my therapist boss to try and get her in trouble.
Since ive been back we changed up a bunch exercises.
Added foam roller straight up and down the center of my back. I roll on it from left clavical tonright clavical.
Also on the foam roaller we do a (pec )flyes no weights. 2 sets
Also on foam roller we do an OH stretch try and touch the ground and then bring hands back to my chest.
All exercises have increased in weight.
Black bands on all exercises that i use bands.
While doing tricep ext/kickbacks. The right side/band snapped...lol i apologized. They said they have more.. I waited to do triceps last. Didn't want to wear down the bicep and shoulder.
Curls im on 7lbs. Will ask for 10lbs next week. They had me on 5lbs. Talked em up to 7lbs. Hope this iant the max lbs they have.
My range of motion has increased a lot. I can now get deodorant on both arms without using the wall or only my left hand for both sides.
Gonna start back up on my bpc157. See the ortho again on the 3rd of july. So i wanna press things a little now. I believe now the anchor in the shoulder for the bicep is stable and shouldnt come out. Now its all about getting range of motion back and strength. Still cant wipe my ass with my right hand.
Need to get the backward range of motion back. Cant bring my right hand up behind my back at all. I can only get to mid ass cheek.. Lol
Also, still cant rotate my arm into a shoulder press position.
Getting better, but a very slow process.

Forgot to mention ive started doing wall pushups.. At therapy

1.Regular hand spread
2.Military hand placement
3.Diamonds
3 sets of each she said 10
So i did 15
So i did these like a superset 1/2/3
30 sec break. Repeat. Repeat again.

todays therapy
Before we began everything i decided to talk about my shoulder in detail and really press the issue about there seems to be no rotation in the socket.
She agreed it seems to be froze/bound up.
So we changed some stretching and table work. Placing a ball behind my delt pressing the shoulder forward and with my arm out to the side in a 90 degree angle , i would push her hand with an internal rotation for 10 seconds. The allow the forearm to fall back like flexing my bicep(position). Each time i had a better stretch allowing my arm to fall back closer to a normal flexing position.
Dam i was sore and im sure i will be sore later but its well worth it. I wiah we had begun these sooner.
I did all my normal exercise. Lasted about 1.5hrs of therapy.
Afterward i went to the gym.
35 minutes of the arch trainer.. Added 3 minutes was of a cool down. 4 , 3, 2 done.
I would go 3 minutes level 8 incline 1minute level 4 and repeat. Until finished. Resistance stayed the same at 10.

Will go back tonight to Do more cardio and get in a real workout and stretch.
Ive been cleared for a bunch of tricep exercises, some closer grip pulling exercises, Rows , some bicep work, also.
Legs.

last night hit the gym again about 11:30pm. got outta the gym about 1:10am.
Started off 15minutes arch trainer
Leg extentions
Leg curls
Seated calf raises
One arm preacher curl
Tricep ext. 3 sets workwd up to 100lbs. Was worried about putting pressure on the front of the shoulder so kept things lighter than normal. But better than doing no weights.. Had a good pump. Changed grips from a v grip to straight bar. Only did 2 sets with the straight bar. I could definitely feel more of a pull in the front on the right shoulder. So i didnt wanna chance it.
Moved over used v grips for seated low cable rows. Used light weight but kept constant TUT. Nice and slow movements.
Moved over to the pec deck.
Used one arm adjusted for a good stretch. Used very light weight. Did 4 sets of like 30 reps. Didn't feel a whole lot but each time i will try increasing a little as long as everything stays safe.
Moved over to seated machine rows.
Did 3 sets light weight i think maybe 70-80lbs. Slow and strict. Constant tut.
Did a variety of stretching then moved back in for 30 minutes of the arch trainer.
Was a good day i will say. Hit the gum twice

Ok so today im at the orthos waiting to be seen. Believe this is my last visit. After this hoping to be given the clear to begin pushing myself without to many restrictions/restraints. Then i will begin my process with my lawyer and getting paid for 5 months I was out of work plus pain, suffering, loss of rom etc. Cross your fingers.

Then a real log will begin.

Ok so today im at the orthos waiting to be seen. Believe this is my last visit. After this hoping to be given the clear to begin pushing myself without to many restrictions/restraints. Then i will begin my process with my lawyer and getting paid for 5 months I was out of work plus pain, suffering, loss of rom etc. Cross your fingers.

Then a real log will begin.
Hell yea ive been released.. Strength is great my ortho said for what ive had done. She was kinda surprised. Still have issues but expected.. Range of motion is not quite the same. And i get some severe cramping/tightening at the top of the bicep coming across the shoulder. Sleep sucks but i will have to deal with this. For now im happy and can finally begin wholeheartedly..
Time to make thr donuts.

Top Bottom