Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recovery log after surgery

3 x 12 Squats
Left arm (everything ia 3 x12)
Delt raises_front-side
Oh press
Swimmer press
Supination curl
Hammer curl
Reverse curl
Wrist curl
Adding in this everning tricep and some back.
Just finished off 35 minutes on the treadmill. Still can only walk no jogging or anything jaring to the shoulder. Still in the sling.
Today i started 30 second of HIIT so to speak. Avg pace is 3.2mph walking on a
2.5 -3%incline. So every 2 minutes i will increase speed to 3.9 for 30 sec lol... But it is as safe and fast as i can go for now. With one arm. Follwing the 35 minutes with a 3 minute cooldown (1.5 - 2.0mph)
2nd salad today although this is smaller.
Grill chicken, pepperoncini peppers, stuffed green olives, pepperoni, cherry tomatoes, parm cheese. Lemon juice, black pepper, parm cheese, italian seasoning.
44ac55823f47b6a8193ecd8c869a73e8.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

The the log will get better, right now it is still slow until i can actually drive..
Once this happens i will have a lot more to report and be able to do. I have therapy again monday.
Wednesday i see my ortho. Waiting to see what she says about this swelling and. How far along i am. Hopefully i will be outta this sling.

Freshly made fried rice with egg, shrimp and chicken from kobe.
This will not be eaten all at one sitting.
This will be split between 2 or 3 meals.
Will be dropping total calories down starting monday. Also will change up some macros.
80b7a0ebd3c97cf37b8d95a3fd0383a8.jpg

Sorry everyone. Things have been getting harder. Had to deal with and keep my medical/dental/ vision insurance from being canceled. Since ive been out of work i have to pay the premiums out of pocket. Other wise im dropped and would have to pick up cobra. So had to kick out around 450 for the first month.
Saw my ortho. She said im doing ..well. That this is the hardest surgery she does to recover from. (Rotator with labral/bicep tenodesis. Ive only been in therapy about 3 weeks. 2 times a week. She compared where i am to 10 weeks along. The sling has come off.
Since the 27th . since then dam im sore and hurting. Swelling is still there and makes things very awkward.
Firdt day out of the sling my arm felt like it was in the wrong position. Like it was sitting out of place. I was kinda worried. But i believe it is from the sleeves of my shirt and/or jacket twisting in the upper arm/ arm pit area. Feels like it pulls the arm outta socket and forward.
Now i had been released to go to work if they can accommodate my conditions. I was upset with this.
Conditions are desk work/sedentary. Able to perform basic ADL's(activities of daily living) such as feeding myself, brushing my teeth, trying to comb my hair. No repetitive reaching or extending. No reaching above chest level. No trying to reach behind me. or out to the side. No lifting above 1lb.
Driving is still an issue. I cannot use my right arm so turning right is a problem. The seatbelt is a problem.
This week i start more aggressive therapy now that im outta the sling. Im suppose to return to work on the 8th.
But we will see if they can accommodate me. Lol..
Im icing more often now that im outta the sling.
Starting isometeics. Therapy has been increased now to 3x a weeks for the next 8 weeks.

Had some other issue's we are trying to deal with. Found out everything we have had in storage for the last 3 yrs is gonna have to be trashed. (All of our belongings from when we had to move) the unit ia infested with rodents. This is very upsetting. Much of this cannot be replaced. (Personal stuff memories)This unit was holding everything for a single family home.
Update again later.

Electric stimulation. Upper shoulder/clavical.
Created a shrugging motion/retraction. Lasted for 15 minutes.
Band pulldowns changed from yellow to red band(heavier)
Hands were in front about 45-60degrees and pull downward so each hand come down to my side allowing the tension to pull my arms back to a forward position allowing a nice stretch (hold for 5 seconds)

Lying on my back using my left arm,i hold this 2-3 foot 1" pvc pipe. At the top it is in The shape of a T. This ianwhat it looks like actually. The letter. (T.) So with my right hand i hold the top cross section. Now i use my right hand to push the T in an upward position across my body into the air while hold the top with my right hand.
This exercise has been modified. I perform this for 30 reps
First Extending above the head. When done i extend up above the delt and hold for 3 seconds or so.

scapular retractions
Repeat 10x for 5 sec.

Upper trap stretch
Both sides Repeat 3x hold 30 sec

Pendulum circles
3 sets each direction about 20 sec each time

Gripmaster hand exercise. Pic below
Repeat 20x , hold 10 sec, 7lbs

Wrist supination stretch
Repeat 3x. Hold 20-30sec

Wrist flexor stretch /both ways
hold 30 sec ,5 sets

Layed on my left side. Arm extended on my right side.
Shrug up 2reps ,shrug down 2reps.
Repeat 20x

Move/shrug forward 2reps/ shrug backward
2reps. Repeat 20x

Then i had to do these clockwise 20x and counterclockwise 20x

Wrist curls 3 lbs
2 sets x 30reps

Reverse wrist curls 3 lbs
2 sets x 30 reps

Reverse curls
3 sets x 8 reps

Isometrics
Hand/palm Against a wall for resistance all exercises.
Forward delt raise
Side delt raise
Rear delt raises

Added no weights /body weight only

Standing
Forward delt raises to chest/ shoulder area
Side delt raises as high as i could go. (Half way between shoulder and waist)
Delt raises between forward and side. Kinda on an angle.
Thumb upward.

Cryo ice therapy.
This completed my therapy today

Sorry all. Post have been down. Will be back to normal this week.

This isnt exactly what was done . i had some other stuff done to the rotator and socket ,But this will show you how they attach my bicep back down to the humerus bone and applied sutures. I dont believe this one shows how they pull out the tendon through the incision outside of the body and cut off what is being removed and attaching the stitching into the end of the tendon.​

Here is another surgery except they make a fourth incision in the under pec to re connect it.
This is a better pocture and more detail.
Hope you guys like them.

[FONT=&quot]I was questioning why they had to do this bicep tenodesis?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is nothing like what i remember from yrs ago when i had surgery on my left shoulder. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Come to find out. The reason is due to the tear being greater than 50%. I feel as if my arm is being twisted at the front of the shoulder/pec area. My bicep(right arm) seems to have disappeared. Everything feels awkwardly. Supposedly this is normal. Doing wrist curls and reverse wrist curls i feel it in my shoulder. (WHO KNEW?) I will begin posting daily again. Im a bit depressed. Having to go back to work monday really has my mind blown. Ive been out of the immobilizer+sling for about a week. I find myself still not sleeping. Sitting up seems to be the best position still. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to therapy i am 3-4 weeks ahead of schedule. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Flexability and range of motion is great, which they say is the hardest part. Im upset i havent been cleared to jog yet. 3 months is when i will be able to cardio!!! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Update more later. Sorry again everyone. Kinda been feelingbdown and didnt wanna unload my depressing bull on everyone. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One thing is certain. I truly believe the bpc/tb500 combo is what has greatly helped with me being ahead in recovery and range of motion. Update more in a bit.[/FONT]

so things are moving along. Im very sore. Seems that this recovery is gonna take longer than anticipated to heal to the point i regain normal mobility. Been kinda agitated.
On a positive note. Had bloodwork done today for trt/hrt. Here is what was tested.

Will post results when i get them.
I drove for the first time today. Took myself to get my bloodwork.
These means i will begin hitting the gym for some legs and cardio. Still no jogging or bouncing.
This reattachment is so awkard. I have constant pain/soreness in the side of the delt. Throughout the day i have these shooting pains that kinda stop me in my tracks. I just close my eyes for a few moments and rub my shoulder. It comes in bunches. Then i continue on with whatever i am doing.
Here is some equipment from where i have therapy. This is called an anti gravity treadmill.. Cost 40k.

Never seen one until going here.
Therapy has increased and starting monday i will begin using bicep and tricep exercises.
Will see if i can get a printout of what is done. Actually let me go through some papers i may what we are going to focus on.
7c3afab3dbc9ada8c671df436b045cf2.jpg
8a2666a28e69668f9a1d39b342d0b4cf.jpg

So here is where i am. Week 9.
This process has been slow. And surprisingly painful. I only say this because i handle pain very well. Although i question myself now.
Also, not sure if i just nit pickat every little thing i feel or experience, But i pay attention to every click, popping, or snapping sound.
Ive also had cupping done a session before last. The therapist believes im having certain issues because of the right scapula/shoulder blade and lack of use. So she has been doing a massage/release in and around the right scapula/ shoulder blade.
Afterwards i am able to Almost fully do the above the head stretch/arm extention above head from laying on my back on the table without pain. Yesterday i was out for a bit witht the kids just walking in the park and allowing the kids to ride their scooters and skateboards was having some pains around the right scapula/shoulder blade. I will ask about this monday when i see the therapist.
It Was different. Never had this pain before.
My arm fatigues very quickly. Shakes often when im trying tonl use it for basic things. Feels heavy. Im very uncomfortable most of the day and especially when trying to sleep.

646612edb65e234c5266eb9cae1a032d.jpg

I have two links if anyone is interested to understand the different methods of performing bicep tenodesis. Depending on injury. How active you are , age, how soon the injury is taken care of.
I had what was considered slap. Along with
Rotator/labrum tears. Damage/malformation of the socket. And some other things.
After reading these if anyone has any questions i can go over what was done to me. And go over my initial evaluation/mri and then the actual surgery. Sleeping sucks. Im very sore and in pain. Seems like my hand swells up at night trying to lay on my side and have alot more sharp pain/ splintering feeling. Compared to Like when breaking a chicken bone. My shoulder feels like it is always being pulled forward and inward to my pec.

Top Bottom