Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rear Rotator Cuff Injury

BigDawg99

New Member here..

i am 41 years old..been lifting for about 20 years now..Nothing really serious but just to keep in shape and to maintain a good physique..about 5 months ago i was doing some Incline Barbell presses and felt a pain in my Posterior Deltoid..i laid off from working out and trying to get my shoulder better..i have been to the doctor and hasnt given me my usual Cortisone Shot..i usually get my cortisone for my front shoulder..i went to 2 months of Physio Therapy and accupuncture..
and right not im still at the same state i was when i injured my shoulder..

is my shoulder gonna get any better..i try not to use my shoulder as much as i can..but its hard not to involve the shoulder in anything i do..i ice my shoulder twice a day and taking some NSAIDS..

Hi

Why hasn't your doc given you the steroid shot?

Maybe, if it's a long term problem which isn't getting better, you should refrain from load bearing exercise for shoulders and request your doc does an x-ray of the joint.
Shoulder joint injuries are often complex in nature since its a multiple axis joint unlike your elbow or knee. It can take months or years in some cases to sort out. My sis-in-law has chronic
problems with her left shoulder. It has dislocated at least twice a year in the past 2 years, and only now are the doctors taking the problem seriously. She may have to have an operation to repair it
which will lead - her doc says - to a reduction in mobility by 15-25%.

I hope your problem isn't as dire as hers. Nevertheless it does need some attention.

Craig

Top Bottom