x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Raw Iron: The making of Pumping Iron

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Raw Iron: The making of Pumping Iron within the Anabolic Steroids category.

Excerpt: I watched this last night on my Pumping Iron DVD - what the hell happened to those guys?!?! They gathered them together for the 25 annivesary of the movie, and they all look like death. Ed Corney is in a wheelchair, Franco talks like he's had a stroke, Mike Katz looks like he is 140 years old, and Ken Waller looks ike he is 300 years old. Only Arnold and Lou looked somewhat normal for mid-50's. (Lou is clearly still juicing.) I wasn't expecting giants, but I was thinking (or hoping)

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Pro Bodybuilder Steve The Bluesman's Avatar

Raw Iron: The making of Pumping Iron

I watched this last night on my Pumping Iron DVD - what the hell happened to those guys?!?!

They gathered them together for the 25 annivesary of the movie, and they all look like death. Ed Corney is in a wheelchair, Franco talks like he's had a stroke, Mike Katz looks like he is 140 years old, and Ken Waller looks ike he is 300 years old. Only Arnold and Lou looked somewhat normal for mid-50's. (Lou is clearly still juicing.)

I wasn't expecting giants, but I was thinking (or hoping) they would still be healthy and strong for their age...

Bluesman

Re: Raw Iron: The making of Pumping Iron

Thats the thing about age. I mean, I'm 27 and consider myself in very good health. Anyhow, I am a school teacher and I showed a video to my class of myself in New Zealand 4 years ago doing a Bungee-Jump off a bridge to give them a laugh! Anyhow, several people commented "Wow, you look way older now than you did then"!! Little fuckers! However, 25 years is alot longer than 4 and you shouldn't be too shocked that men heading for their 60's are no longer in the prime of their lives!

As for Lou still juicing - Once a juicer...........

Still be healthy? Nothing in competitive bodybuilding is about health? They weren't healthy in their 20's, what makes you think they will be healthy at 60? I hope I didn't sound like a smartass, but I am a competitive bb'er. Health has absolutely zero to do with it.

Quote Quote posted by silverbackn
    Still be healthy? Nothing in competitive bodybuilding is about health? They weren't healthy in their 20's, what makes you think they will be healthy at 60? I hope I didn't sound like a smartass, but I am a competitive bb'er. Health has absolutely zero to do with it.
    I agree Silver. This is true with today's BB's more than the guys from Arnold's day, but in Arnold's day he didn't train for health. He trained to win.

Quote Quote posted by Makavelli
    I agree Silver. This is true with today's BB's more than the guys from Arnold's day, but in Arnold's day he didn't train for health. He trained to win.
    I am in complete agreement there. Today's guys are definitely worse off than the guys of Arnold's day. Working out is about fitness and health, competitive bodybuilding is about taking your body to extremes. They don't relate to each other.

It's all about personal perspective...

UglyASS

Quote Quote posted by silverbackn
    I am a competitive bb'er. Health has absolutely zero to do with it.
    Can you say t-shirt?

"You must spread some Karma around before giving it to silverbackn again."

Cyborg

Quote Quote posted by Steve The Bluesman
    I watched this last night on my Pumping Iron DVD - what the hell happened to those guys?!?!

They gathered them together for the 25 annivesary of the movie, and they all look like death. Ed Corney is in a wheelchair, Franco talks like he's had a stroke, Mike Katz looks like he is 140 years old, and Ken Waller looks ike he is 300 years old. Only Arnold and Lou looked somewhat normal for mid-50's. (Lou is clearly still juicing.)

I wasn't expecting giants, but I was thinking (or hoping) they would still be healthy and strong for their age...

Bluesman
    Lou doesn't juice anymore. One sec, let me find a recent pic.

EDIT: Fuck I have to go, but I will have it up in 24 hours.

Quote Quote posted by majutsu
    Can you say t-shirt?

"You must spread some Karma around before giving it to silverbackn again."
    Thanks bro. Just speaking the truth.