Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Raw Iron: The making of Pumping Iron

I watched this last night on my Pumping Iron DVD - what the hell happened to those guys?!?!

They gathered them together for the 25 annivesary of the movie, and they all look like death. Ed Corney is in a wheelchair, Franco talks like he's had a stroke, Mike Katz looks like he is 140 years old, and Ken Waller looks ike he is 300 years old. Only Arnold and Lou looked somewhat normal for mid-50's. (Lou is clearly still juicing.)

I wasn't expecting giants, but I was thinking (or hoping) they would still be healthy and strong for their age...

Bluesman

Thats the thing about age. I mean, I'm 27 and consider myself in very good health. Anyhow, I am a school teacher and I showed a video to my class of myself in New Zealand 4 years ago doing a Bungee-Jump off a bridge to give them a laugh! Anyhow, several people commented "Wow, you look way older now than you did then"!! Little fuckers! However, 25 years is alot longer than 4 and you shouldn't be too shocked that men heading for their 60's are no longer in the prime of their lives!

As for Lou still juicing - Once a juicer...........

Still be healthy? Nothing in competitive bodybuilding is about health? They weren't healthy in their 20's, what makes you think they will be healthy at 60? I hope I didn't sound like a smartass, but I am a competitive bb'er. Health has absolutely zero to do with it.

silverbackn said:
Still be healthy? Nothing in competitive bodybuilding is about health? They weren't healthy in their 20's, what makes you think they will be healthy at 60? I hope I didn't sound like a smartass, but I am a competitive bb'er. Health has absolutely zero to do with it.

I agree Silver. This is true with today's BB's more than the guys from Arnold's day, but in Arnold's day he didn't train for health. He trained to win.

Makavelli said:
I agree Silver. This is true with today's BB's more than the guys from Arnold's day, but in Arnold's day he didn't train for health. He trained to win.
I am in complete agreement there. Today's guys are definitely worse off than the guys of Arnold's day. Working out is about fitness and health, competitive bodybuilding is about taking your body to extremes. They don't relate to each other.

silverbackn said:
I am a competitive bb'er. Health has absolutely zero to do with it.

Can you say t-shirt? ;)

"You must spread some Karma around before giving it to silverbackn again."

Steve The Bluesman said:
I watched this last night on my Pumping Iron DVD - what the hell happened to those guys?!?!

They gathered them together for the 25 annivesary of the movie, and they all look like death. Ed Corney is in a wheelchair, Franco talks like he's had a stroke, Mike Katz looks like he is 140 years old, and Ken Waller looks ike he is 300 years old. Only Arnold and Lou looked somewhat normal for mid-50's. (Lou is clearly still juicing.)

I wasn't expecting giants, but I was thinking (or hoping) they would still be healthy and strong for their age...

Bluesman

Lou doesn't juice anymore. One sec, let me find a recent pic.

EDIT: Fuck I have to go, but I will have it up in 24 hours.

Top Bottom