Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ratios of lifting things up and putting things down...

broscience

I have been doing a lot of thinking in trying to figure out how much could one lift in accordance to body weight...
Now my general theory here is this. Based upon a persons body weight and no matter what the persons experience is in the gym (noob to veteran) a person ratio will always be 1.5 to 1 avg
However my issue while coming up with the theory is as people gain weight although we are capable to breaking peronel bests the ratio seems to fall to about 1.25 to 1 avg.
Of course there are other variables to consider but if you were to take supplements and aas out of the picture you could see that the ratios seem to continually fall off to about 1.15 to 1. I guess this is what plateau comes from....im just trying to get yourguys thoughts as well
Sent from my SCH-I605 using EliteFitness

I really cant make heads or tails out of what you just posted.

Are you talking a ratio of what one can lift compared to bodyweight? So when you say "1.5 to 1 avg" is the 1.5 the amount and the 1 the bodyweight?

The weight one can lift in correlation to ones bodyweight will be majorly impacted by a persons body type as well as the lift they are doing. For example a person SHOULD be able to raw deadlift more than they can bench press.

Yes the first number would be the weight amount lifted and the second number woukd be the persons actual weight

Sent from my SCH-I605 using EliteFitness

What the heck kind of lift are you talking about? I deadlift near 2.5 times my bw so I really don't get what you are trying to say.

Top Bottom