Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

R-ala and endurance athletes...

R

RAAM Man

Hey all,

I am an an endurance cyclist and have a quick r-ala question: is is a good idea to use r-ala durring an endurance event? I use it durning weight training and durring any given day, but I am not sure how the 1 tab/30gm of carbs works while on the road... I will consume anywhere from 6500-8500 calories durring a race day of which 60%+ will be carbs and thats a LOT of r-ala to be useing... so it worries me a bit.

Any ideas?

RAAM Man

While i dont know how your training is but if your running or biking all day than you should consume that many calories after you finish training, or the next day (read the next week) you will be exhausted and feel like a truck hit you. The ala 1 pill/30g carbs is with Utlers brand (just to make sure you dont have a different brand=different amt of pills).

If you are eatting while working out or IMMEDIATLEY than you dont need ala! However if it is a second, third or even fourth post workout meal seperated by hours after the workout, than you do need the ala.

Hope this helps!

One the athletes in the Boston Marathon uses Glucorell R but she takes two before the race. That's what I would recommend you do. I assume you feel the effects of using it and if so then you probably feel a little stronger when you take it. It lasts several hours so there is no reason to continually take it.

I do 12 and 24 hour races and I am gearing up for my first 48 hour this fall... I consume a coctail of mixed carbsource and MCTs alternating with simple proteins every third meal. I eat a meal on average once every two hours, usually in the saddle.

My question was more of a 'should I continue to take the r-ala durring the endurance event to more efficiently use the carbs or is my own furnace enough? Take it from me, after 16-18 hours its all mental anyway, but if the body bonks- your through.

i dont think so but thats me. Although i think utlers idea of takin it before workout with one of your meals is great, i think your muscles will be so glycogen depleted during running that you can just consume the food with no problem.

It's like this. I don't know you and I don't know if you're insulin resistant. Most athletes in your sport are not. If you are insulin resistant then yes, you would want to take it every 6 hours or so, 300mg. If you're not then don't use it. If you feel better and stronger from using it then you probably are insulin resistant to some extent. I would love to give you a straight answer but the answer depends on you.

a good way to tell if you are insulin resistant is whether or not you can pinch 2 inches of you bellybutton area. If so, it is an early sign of insulin resistance.

CLOMIDCLOWN said:
a good way to tell if you are insulin resistant is whether or not you can pinch 2 inches of you bellybutton area. If so, it is an early sign of insulin resistance.

I don't understand....maybe it just means you're fat. Can you explain a little more? I seem to be getting very carb-sensitive lately so I wonder if this applies to me.

Last edited:
Raam man, I suggest you take it. When consuming that many carbs you will do good to be as insulin sensitive as possible, because it will increase the chance of those carbs being stored as glycogen instead of triglycerides.

By the way, do you use EPO or anything? Just curious, good luck at the race!

Top Bottom