Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Tapering is useless" - William Llewellyn, Anabolics 2009

Bakgat

Until, I bought Anabolics 2009, I thought that tapering was a widely accepted practice to ensure the most successful transition into natural training to ensure retension of gains.

Llewellyn writes, ... this theory is in fact fatally flawed. In order for testosterone to be restored, the body will need to recognise an androgen deficit, not just a drop in steroid usage. Since even one Dianabol tablet could provide the equivalant of a days androgen supply for the normal male, tapetring from 5 to 4 to 3 etc. will accomplish nothing. The athlete's body will still be reading "androgen overload" and will not be working to restore natural testosterone. This holds true for any steroid, not just the strong androgens. Evidence suggests that tapering with mild anabolics like Primobolan or Anavar is enough to prevent delay in hormonal rebound. Instead of tapering, the athlete shoould pay much closer attention to ancilliary drugs such as HCG, Clomid, Nolvadex...

Since Anabolics 2009 is concidered the best reference manual on AAS at the moment, has the above paragraph changed anyone's views on whether tapering is a worthwhile endeavour?

Last edited by a moderator:
i think most of the guys here agree that tapering is useless. in a way anything esterified is a taper in its own way.

t3 i would still taper because that is a different gland you are dealing with

Yeah, nobody here tapers any more. I think it does, however, have some merit for those on HRT. But thats another topic.

I think it might make sense to taper off short acting gear like fina & orals. The long esters pretty much taper themselves.

Hell, now days the idea is to keep levels up and active as long as possible. Things like switching to short esters at end of cycle or running orals until the long esters taper off has been toughted for some time now.

I have an opinion on this that you guys won't like. I agree that test levels can be brought back to normal with clomid, HCG, nolva. But there is the issue of the loss of water. Most of you (me too) experience sore joints and aggrivated connective tissues about 4-6 weeks post cycle. I think it's largely due to the body not having as much water in the joints and such as it does during a cycle. I think it takes a while for the body to rebound and get used to the decrease in water retension. So wouldn't it make sense to taper for that reason? Just a thought.

Even 3 years ago, when I was getting my advice from friends who didn't know shit basically... no one was tapering. At least they got that part right, none of them were using anti-e's

i think "tapering" is useful if you have been on for a long time at high dosages...

it will be easier for your body to "normalize" even if you stay on test at 250mg for a few weeks after a very long cycle and you will retain much more muscle i think as well...

that also might be a personal thing as well cause some Bro's can stay on a real long cycle with real high dosages and recover in 4-6 weeks.. others cant...

Top Bottom