Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Old"-Timers (age 31 and up): How do you stay or get motivated?

I'm 32 in 3 weeks, and in way better shape than anyone at my gym, or really in this area. As far as motivation, I need none. For me personally, lifting is just something I do. I don't need to get motivated to do it. I don't need inspired. I don't need encouragement. It's just a part of me. I've been lifting steady w/o any signifigant layoffs(unless you consider a couple weeks for injury signifigant) since I was 15, but even before then I would do Deads & PCs in my basement with a bar my Dad made me, that held plastic sand weights, which were held on by giant wads of masking tape. I didn't even know wtf I was doing, but I knew I liked it, I knew it relieved stress, and I knew that in my own way, it put me a cut above the average joe.

Maybe it will take some slob with a big mouth to tell you you don't look as good, to get you that fire back bro. I dunno. That would do it for me.

Zerxes said:

Maybe it will take some slob with a big mouth to tell you you don't look as good, to get you that fire back bro. I dunno. That would do it for me.

I've got a few relatives who are fat slobs. They would never tell me that I looked good but would be the first to tell me I didn't look as good. Maybe I should go visit them. They have big mouths too. Your point is well-taken. I even kind of felt that remark.

Im 31 and in the best shape both mentally and physically in my life. Motivation? Feeling good, pumped, powerfull, energetic and having people compliment keep me going. Just a little hint, eat young girls (20-22) their juices provide vitality.

Bro 31 is young i loved it when i hit 30 i had so many years in at that time i could get a mean pump from just combing my hair and could take off months and still look like i was training
every day compared to most people in the gym you just need to decide if you want to look like a slob or a bodybuilder period, if you choose body builder get to the gym and train. If you choose slob go to the pizza shop and pig out it wont be long then but when you walk in a place and see us bowed up guys just remember what you could have looked like if you weren't so lazy!!!!;)

Hey!!! What about me i'm 50 altho people tell me i look in my mid 30s,i'm in better shape than people half my age/plus gals stilll check me out gives me the motovation to give it 100% -100 of the time.

RADAR

Just before going to the gym in the evening after work I spend a few minutes reading posts board. It helps get me into a frame of mind that makes me want to hit it hard.

44 yrs old. been training since I was 17. Just part of my life. Same as breathing. If this is something you've done since 15 sounds like depression to me is the reason you can't get motivated. JMO

I'm 37 so I might as well chime in.

Don't get discouraged because muscle memory can come back with a vengence. Taking 6 weeks off can be made up for quickly opposed to someone who never worked out before.

I allow myself some room to not be 100% all the time. A body could not handle being at peak performance all the time. Not even the pros on gear. That keeps my mind in the real world and prevents discouragement.

I don't know what happened to you 6 weeks ago. Did you come off a heavy cycle? Did you overtrain? These are factors that can effect anyone negativly at any age.

kenleo said:
i' started lifting at 18,i was in good shape until 28 then i got married and everything went down hill, became a fat slob. got divorced at 30 and went back to the gym. now i'm 32 and the best shape of my fuckin life! fucking all the 18yr old hotties i can get my hands on.now if this doesn't motivate you i don't know what will.:D

agreed

Top Bottom