Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Old"-Timers (age 31 and up): How do you stay or get motivated?

bbkingpin

I'm 31 and was in best form at the start of the summer. After a forced layoff I am severely out of best-form. There is nothing stopping me now except for lack of motivation. This was never a problem before. Anyone else who had this problem and conquered it to return to best form? Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm 31 and i ALWAYS stay in at least better than average shape. reason everyone thinks i am mid twenties. only about 25% of people guess my age. i do a lot of other things to make myself look younger too other than the BB aspects....but the motivation should be that you will look good and younger. like i said, i never let myself get that bad though....so hard to see your point and give an answer. but yes, thanks for telling me i am in the old crowd. you fucker. :)

I'm 36 and in the best shape ever. Motivation problems?? don't know them. Working out at the gym is part of my life.

i' started lifting at 18,i was in good shape until 28 then i got married and everything went down hill, became a fat slob. got divorced at 30 and went back to the gym. now i'm 32 and the best shape of my fuckin life! fucking all the 18yr old hotties i can get my hands on.now if this doesn't motivate you i don't know what will.:D

That's why I put Old in quotations. ("'Old'-Timers") I started lifting at 15. But I know a lot of die-hard gym rats from college who no longer lift. So, like I said, it was never a problem BEFORE.

And WarBird, I've come this far because, like you, I've always tried to look good. But NOW it seems a problem. I know you are a nice guy so I appreciate the input. But, I'm asking older guys who are still lifting and motivated IF they ever had to overcome a lack of motivation and how did they do it. Because that is my problem right now; otherwise, I wouldn't ask for help. And I figure the older guys would be more likely to have faced this problem before. I only put "31 and up" because I am 31.

genarr is 100% correct. 31 is the absolute height of a mans physical being. If you're feeling old now, you might as well hang it up. You don't have what it takes to be a bodybuilder.

At age 49 there are 4 things that keep me motivated.

I'm convinced that weight training and proper supplementation are the best things I can do for my health.

I look at friends my age who don't train and realize they look 10-15 years older than me.

I love the feeling of having done a good work out.

25 year old women still check me out.

(Shallow, I know. But I like it).

genarr is 100% correct. 31 is the absolute height of a mans physical being. If you're feeling old now, you might as well hang it up. You don't have what it takes to be a bodybuilder.

I'm convinced that weight training and proper supplementation are the best things I can do for my health.

I look at friends my age who don't train and realize they look 15 years older than me.

genarr is 100% correct. 31 is the absolute height of a mans physical being. If you're feeling old now, you might as well hang it up. You don't have what it takes to be a life long bodybuilder.

I look at friends my age who don't train and realize they look 15 years older than me.

Okay, Nelson, I got the point. Three times?? Just kidding. My connection (cable) is awfully slow right now and I almost pressed "submit" again too.

"31 is the absolute height of a mans physical being." IN WHAT WAY?

"If you're feeling old now, you might as well hang it up. You don't have what it takes to be a life long bodybuilder. " I DON'T WANT TO BE A PROFESSIONAL BB'er. I KNOW I DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES FOR THAT -- MEGA DOSES and MEGA CALORIES.

Kenleo -- thanks for the valuable input -- from someone who was in my situation (whether as a result of marriage or for any reason) and overcame it. These are the people the question is directed toward. If you cannot help, no reply is necessary.

Genarr -- that reply is a good kick in the ass. Thanks. But I don't need 100 more people to now say "Oh yeah! What he said!"

Top Bottom