Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Old" newbie looking for test cyp advise from vets

JimboNewbie

OK, so I've been lurking around here for a while now doing research and seeing guys posts like mine getting slammed because they have not done thier research.

I think I've done my research, but I'm always open to learning something new or forgetting something I've read.

here goes;
I'm 43
6'1"
20% BF

I'm really proud of my diet, but it's not a mass building diet, I eat over 60% protein 30/10 carbs and fat. I've been tracking my diet over the last 2 months and I average 1700 calories a day today ( on a diet ).

My goals are to add very moderate bulk, reduce body fat and overall generall well being with the ability to really up my intensity on both my workouts and my long cardio runs. I do not want to get HUGE and I only dedicate 2 hours a day to workout.

I've been running for years and love it, but realize I cannot keep this up my body will begin to fail me and I will need to stop running.

I'm not a gym rat, don't have a membership and I'm dedicated to the P90x routine, second round of 90 days.

So my intention is to up the dumbell wieghts following the same P90x program with gear.

Now I know this suggestion has been SLAMMED over and over on previous posts and if you feel this way I get it, but having completed it, I can tell you, it's for real and provides you with a program to follow, not have to think about which will provide results. (see what I think are moderate goals above which are not out of alignment with my plan, but that's why I'm posting to validate this)

Now if you've read this far, first thank you, secondly, I'm looking for advise on the cycle I'm planning.

I've talked this over with my wife and she is OK with this and even willing to assist if I don't "get that roid rage"...

So here is what I'm planning, any advise, (hell even slam me if you think I need it) is welcomed:
Weeks 1-10 - Test Cyp - 150mg/x2 week with added unknown dose (money determining even if it's inclued) HGH
Weeks 11-12 Nolvadex @ 20mg day
Weeks 13 - 15: Nolvadex (20 mg/day) & Clomid (day 1 300mg, then 10 x days at 100mg, 10 x days at 50mg)/day

Thanks in advance

Not sure I understand your goals. Are you wanting to cycle, or go on a self-HRT?

And at 6'1" and 185, 1700 calories is way too low unless you are severely cutting. You're going to need to up that to gain. And it doesn't sound like you are getting enough healthy fats.

My goals are to add very moderate bulk, reduce body fat and overall generall well being with the ability to really up my intensity on both my workouts and my long cardio runs. I do not want to get HUGE and I only dedicate 2 hours a day to workout.

Long Cardio has been clinically proven to be at complete odds with adding mass. What do you hope to get from cardio? Cardio is ONLY good for aerobic conditioning and does virtually nothing for anerobic conditioning. However, properly intense anerobic activity CAN increase VO2 max and muscle, albeit at a slower pace than dedicated bodybuilding or strength training.

P90X is ok to get someone off their ass and working but it falls short on anerobic conditioning because intensity is too low.

If you have been doing p90X for a bit and feel your in decent shape, worried about time, want to increase vo2max and dont want to get big then your best bet would be a crossfit style workout. I can guarantee you if you push (or get pushed) through an RX style crossfit workout it will make P90x seem like sitting in sunday school and it will improve your vo2max much more and give your much more function strength in less time per week.

Also if your worried about getting scammed then stick with HRT, should be easy to get at your age and will be legit.

Not sure I understand the differentiation made between cycle and self-hrt....

I want to gain mass, and in my infinite knowledge obtained via the internet, I've come to the conclusion that HGH with Test was best aligned with my stated goals, to gain mass and to further reduce and keep loosing body fat.

I've been hitting my diet like a madman and the 1700 a day is to get prepared for my next step, when I started I was 24% or so and I'm honestly guessing on the 20% but I've lost 15lbs and tightened up in the cage due to the first 90 day P90x run thru and I feel like a madman. I sit and flex because my arms are pumped most days, it sounds insane writing it but it is what it is...

I forgot to document my current supplements;

Taking 4 kre-alkalyn sci-fit per day, 2 early and 2 late
Taking zero carb iso pure whey protein 2x day morning and just before bed
Taking rapid drive pre-workout amino complex just before workouts
Taking animal pak (yellow and black cylinder) multi-vitamin 1x day
Taking m-drive natural test enhancer (but no idea if this is working or not, will know this week when my bloodwork that I did in preparation comes back)

This is it, totally and I have already been looking at how I'm going to move from 3 meals a day to 6 and exactly what I'm going to be eating, again the 1700 a day I'm currently on is to prepare and drop bf%.

Thanks for reading my post.

And at 6'1" and 185, 1700 calories is way too low unless you are severely cutting. You're going to need to up that to gain. And it doesn't sound like you are getting enough healthy fats.

Good point, cals too low and way too low fat. You dont need that much protein if you arent looking to gain mass. You need high quality fats to lose body fat. The diet advice with P90X is actually decent if you follow it to the T and dont cheat with fast food and other junk.

This is it, totally and I have already been looking at how I'm going to move from 3 meals a day to 6 and exactly what I'm going to be eating, again the 1700 a day I'm currently on is to prepare and drop bf%.

Thanks for reading my post.

ok heres the deal: congrats on doing some kick ass research - thats awesome. Before you get on the gas I honestly think you need to get your diet in line. Meaning you should already be eating 5-6 meals/day eating good fats, etc. See the thing is A LOT of guys eat well when on AAS and then when they get off they revert to their old ways and lose most if not all of what they gained.

You may be right about the P90x and it's possible that I've never done an INTENSE workout, but having done it, my OPINION is, upping the dumbell LBS adds all the intensity needed.

I breifly ran across the crossfit workout and it definately looked intense, might also look into it, I'm sure after 180 days of P90x I will start to friggin hate Tony....

thanks

ok heres the deal: congrats on doing some kick ass research - thats awesome. Before you get on the gas I honestly think you need to get your diet in line. Meaning you should already be eating 5-6 meals/day eating good fats, etc. See the thing is A LOT of guys eat well when on AAS and then when they get off they revert to their old ways and lose most if not all of what they gained.

Exactly, cant gain mass while eating like a little girl and just jamming yourself full of protein isnt gonna cut it. You said you didnt want to get HUGE and wanted to add very moderate bulk.

The good news is with your diet you could take all the juice in mexico and you wouldnt have to worry about getting huge because you dont have the cals to support it.

If your dedicated to P90x, then why arent you following the diet? Even p90 would probably have you eating 2700 clean calories a day in 5-6 meals so I dont understand how you can say your dedicated to it when not even following their diet advice.

What do your meals like like outside of all the suppliments?

I've just been in an extreme lean phase prior to moving into a bulking phase, I needed it, I needed to shed body fat from late night snacks and crappy overall diet on the run.

I'm "basically" following the initial phase of the P90x program taken a bit to the extreme and since I have not hit a "bonk" and I've had the energy to continue, I've kept it there and kept shedding the lbs.

My typical diet includes instant oatmeal for breakfast, protein drink mid-morning, turkey or roast beef on whole wheat roll with mayo and lettuce for lunch (no chips or anything else), then protein shake mid-afternoon, then usually mahi, grouper or cod with a bag of either steamed broccoli or green beans, then a protein drink right before bed.

I've really gotten used to this diet and it's working, but know I will need to re-introduce red meat, lots more chicken with egg white omlets and turket bacon.

I think I can adjust my diet and eat the required protein/carbs/good fats and meet the 3k plus calories goal and I no longer have any bad eating habits, so it's just upping everything I'm already eating and introducing more red meat and chicken along with good carbs.

on some days I will substitue the turkey for chicken and even more rarely I will substitute lean roast beef and I will also throw in pasta 3x a month or so for dinner instead of fish, but I really love fish.

You may be right about the P90x and it's possible that I've never done an INTENSE workout, but having done it, my OPINION is, upping the dumbell LBS adds all the intensity needed.
And thats where your mistaken. You can NOT maintain high intensity for 50 minutes which is what a typical p90x workout is if you dont count the extra ab specific work.

Try running the xfit cindy workout which is the following...

5 Pull-ups (palm facing away from you)
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

go through the above as many times as you can in 20 minutes. The squats are done with no weight but a good deep squat. For push ups, drop chest to floor and pull palms of hands off the floor an inch before re-engaging and pressing back up to make sure your all the way down. Run through the above on your next workout and let me know how many times you get through the above list.

You will feel the burn, you will build some muscle (not as much as a dedicated BB/power style workout of course but you said you werent looking to get huge), you will build anerobic conditioning up the ass and you will increase VO2max as well, all in 20 minutes or less.

Eating so few cals, wasting a lot of time doing curls and other isolation exercises done in p90x for an hour plus and then doing long cardio is a waste of time and energy.

Everything you posted so far makes it look like your just looking for a magic bullet and there isnt one. Work smarter, not more.

Top Bottom