Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Low HDL Levels"

Daily cardio 30-45 min a day (personally I'm in favor of 30 min of high-pulse-range cardio)

One alcoholic drink per day. Not more, not less, and everyday.

Lots of EFAs.

hhajdo, my apologies because my post wasn't worded carefully enough bro. Unfortunately, I made it sound like you made such claims. I saw a post by a user on the following thread:

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=3585&highlight=niacin

and just made a statment based on that. My intention was definitely not to put you on the spot bro, or put words in your mouth.

For the record I've taken up to 5grams of No-Flush for extended periods of time with no problem whatsoever with my liver values. And yes, I've had them checked. :)

LOL, it's OK bro...
:)

Some flush free/time released preparations do seem to cause hepatic toxicity more frequently than unmodified preparations, but that doesn't seem to be the case with inositol hexanicotinate...

Am J Med 1992 Jan;92(1):77-81 Related Articles, Links

Hepatic toxicity of unmodified and time-release preparations of niacin.

Rader JI, Calvert RJ, Hathcock JN.

Division of Nutrition, Food and Drug Administration, Washington, DC 20204.

Niacin (nicotinic acid) is used frequently in the treatment of hypercholesteremia. It is available in both unmodified and time-release preparations. The latter were developed in attempts to minimize the skin-flushing reaction that affects virtually all users and may limit acceptance. Adverse effects on the liver from both unmodified and time-release preparations have been recognized for many years. We reviewed the literature on the hepatic toxicity of both types of niacin preparations. Adverse reactions in six patients resulted from the exclusive use of unmodified niacin and in two patients from the exclusive use of time-release preparations. In 10 additional patients, adverse reactions developed after an abrupt change from unmodified to time-release preparations. Many of these patients were ingesting time-release niacin at doses well above the usual therapeutic doses currently recommended. Signs of liver toxicity developed in less than 7 days in four of these 10 patients. In doses that achieve equivalent reductions in serum lipids, hepatic toxicity occurred more frequently with time-release preparations than with unmodified preparations. An awareness of toxicity associated with ingestion of high doses of time-release niacin preparations is important because of their widespread availability and the potential for self-prescribed, unmonitored use.

..."Vitamin B3 (as nicotinamide) may be toxic in the range 3-6gm/d85. Niacin, as nicotinic acid, is generally considered less toxic40, but, still, in some individuals large doses of niacin have caused abnormal liver behaviour. Also niacin can cause an uncomfortable, although, as far as we know, harmless and temporary skin flushing. Taken as inositol hexanicotinate, which is generally regarded as non-toxic, unlike some other slow-release formulations73, removes this problem..."

DTOX said:
One alcoholic drink per day. Not more, not less, and everyday.

Na, that'll dehydrate you. You're better off with simple red grape juice. "It isn't the alcohol in the wine that provides a health benefit but the anti-oxidants, the red wine polyphenols, anthrocyanidins and resveratrol." (from: http://www.advance-health.com/redwine.html)

btw, resveratrol can be obtained from BAC among other places.

Well, niacin IS a B-Vitamin...and these are FAT soluble. So some preparations could be toxic if taken in large doses. They would have to be large though.
Same thing goes for all fat-soluble substances though...as they are the only ones that can enter cells. Even ALA is toxic b/c it is fat soluble(Around 30g for a 180lbs individual or thereabouts).

Fonz

Fonz said:
Well, niacin IS a B-Vitamin...and these are FAT soluble. So some preparations could be toxic if taken in large doses. They would have to be large though.
Same thing goes for all fat-soluble substances though...as they are the only ones that can enter cells. Even ALA is toxic b/c it is fat soluble(Around 30g for a 180lbs individual or thereabouts).

Fonz

Fonz B's are fat soluble? I thought A, D, E, K and a certain form of C (ascorbyl palmitate) were fat soluble, however, B's were not. Are you sure bro?

40butpumpin said:

Fonz B's are fat soluble? I thought A, D, E, K and a certain form of C (ascorbyl palmitate) were fat soluble, however, B's were not. Are you sure bro?

I think B's are water soluble.

40butpumpin said:

No, they aren't(I'm an idiot today...lol).

Vitamin C is water soluble btw. Vit. E is fat soluble.

ALA is different. It is both fat and water soluble. i.e. Its a phospholipid.

Hence why there are 2 kinds of anti-oxidants: Fat and Water soluble. Vitamin E is fat Soluble while Vit. C is water soluble.
ALA is both.

Fonz

hhajdo said:

I think B's are water soluble.

I think I'm just getting dumber and dumber today....lol

B-Vit fat soluble? LOL I must have been in dreamland. :)

Fonz

Not a problem bro...:)...but there is both water and fat soluble C (ascorbyl palmitate). hehe Just a bad day bro. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom