Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Cops suck dick.".....this kid was an idiot.

What would you do if someone said that you suck dick (assuming it's not true)? would you say "sir thank you for exercising your freedom of speech"? or would you do something a little more drastic?

SupraHero said:

EXACTLY!!! I am personally going to graduate next semester from college with my degree in criminal justice and I am planning on becoming a law enforcement officer after that. I will be the first to admit if someone is standing there talking unwarranted shit just because he think he can, I will be the first to remove him of that thought. You WILL NOT stand there and talk shit to a cop when he hasn't done anything to you just because you think you have a so called "freedom of speech". If you are talking shit and you make someone feel threatend are you aware you have committed battery?? If you are not well now you are. Peace.

AND YOU MAKE SOMEONE FEEL THREATENED is your key statement. Freedom of speech does say you can tell the cop he's a cocksucker, and there's no problem. If you sit there and ramble on for 5 minutes, you can probably get tagged for disorderly conduct.

However, where I am, you cannot arrest someone for threatening someone. There is no such thing as verbal assault. It can be considered assault if the threat is accompanied by an immediate show of force or violence... even if no contact is made.

I guess that's where i fucked up. The 2 cops at the door didn't do anything until i got right up in his face and told him he was a "fucking dickhead". I was really pissed when it happened. I didn't really mean to do that but he came up to me first to ask me If i wanted to go to jail. I'm pretty sure that was threating by definition. I usually don't act like that but this guy was really being a dick about it.

Jimsbbc said:
I guess that's where i fucked up. The 2 cops at the door didn't do anything until i got right up in his face and told him he was a "fucking dickhead". I was really pissed when it happened. I didn't really mean to do that but he came up to me first to ask me If i wanted to go to jail. I'm pretty sure that was threating by definition. I usually don't act like that but this guy was really being a dick about it.

Dont feel bad happens to the best of us.:D

Jimsbbc said:

A cop can be a hardass, a dick, egocentric, or just a downright asshole... however, he is not stepping on your rights by doing so. Basically, if the cop feels he has reasonable cause to detain you, or prevent you from entering or exiting a building, that is all he needs, reagardless of what you think or feel. When you get in his face and are really angry and tell him to fuck off and whatever... then yeah... disorderly conduct.

It's a thin line, most people are just 2Thick-headed to understand the whole situation.

2Thick said:

If the guy was drunk, then I understand but every American has the right to insult policemen as long as they do not threaten him.

very true on the right to insult...

however, police are trained to notice when things
are not normal for the situation...

openly insulting a cop is not normal...yet...keep hoping though 2Thick...

but, by doing this, you draw attention to yourself...and to any illegality that you may be doing...

and this is a factor that may be considered as to whether a person is drunk(the insulting),as most normal people do not do this unless there is an extinuating circumstance(intoxication)...

just how it is...

but please, if ever arrested for this, call the judge a cocksucker too...dont worry, he will not abuse his discretion in dealing with you...:rolleyes: he understands that this is your right...

I've never given much credence to rights that exist in theory and on paper but not on the street. Knowing that your theoretical right was violated while you're sitting in a jail cell just isn't much comfort.

you got fucked cas...

none of the threatening charges should have stuck...

since you were drunk, you could not form mens rea and as such
should not have been convicted for anything other than the
intoxication related charges...

sorry bro...

Top Bottom