Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Comming out" to Doctor

So my Saturday conversation with the doctor should go something like this:

er...um...thats right, I mean, it WAS andro I was using a few months back...see I have this friend that works at GNC and he gives me all of the customer returns that I want, including the andro.

I was reluctant to mention this in the telephone conversation that I had with the doctor the other day because I was at work at the time, and on a cell phone to boot. I know andro is not illegal, but there are a great many people who believe use of said products is wrong. I stated that I was not currently using said products, but I have in fact used them in the past, even the very recent past.

I brought up the topic of steroids because I have had friends that have used in the past and have experienced similar problems to the ones I am having. I started on the andro because I sdidnt want to subject myself to the side effects of illegal drugs [holding back a laugh]. Now I am just as bad off as if I had stuck some kind needle in my ass.

As far as my andro use goes, I know the bottle says to only take 6 pills per day but I was taking 18 or so. I just figured that if 6 were good, then 18 would be 3 times as good. Now I have these lumps that hurt all the time, and I feel like some kind of mutant [tear rolls down cheek]. I can't even take off my shirt with someone else in the room anymore.

I need help doc...what should I do?

question Riker:

Do are the insurance companies permitted similar leverage in dealing with former drug addicts and/or alcoholics? Smokers? These, while in many cases not ILLEGAL are still lifestyle choices that will knowingly effect one's health. Or, is this at least part and parcel of the stigma attached to AS?

Don't tell him unless you are absolutely sure he is gonna keep the info between you and him. Doctor confidentiality means that he can't tell anybody your info but it can go in your file. That file is open to other Doc's and can be shared. There are several OTC drugs that can cause gyno. Blame one of them and get your surgery covered under insurance.

genarr3 said:

Bro I don't understand why you had such a problem with him saying this. He was giving you an opening to say maybe it was something OTC.

EXACTLY!! The insurance company can't do crap if your taking "andro" <wink wink>

the 1 % of breast cancer its the % in a male

maybe you tell him you use Roids for a synusithis process for long time...
but i think, the true its the best

Bro, just tell him. After I told my Doc, we have never a better relationship. Everything is out on the table, and then he can give you his honest oppinion. What he thinks you really should do about the problem. I am telling you it is a good thing. All he is doing now is beating around the bush and your wasting his time and your money.

Do not tell the DOC you use or ever have used AS. Very bad idea. The information you give him is private but insurance companies can also access your medical history when making treatment decisions. Tell the doc you used pro-hormones. They have been known to cause Gyno. But only tell the Doc if you have to say you have had them since puberty and they are bothering you now i.e. painful. Sometimes that just happens for no reason at all in male with pre-existing Gyno. Trust me Bro, I have been through it. If you play your cards right insurance will flip the bill for surgery if needed.

Get a surgical kit and remove them yourself! NO JUST KIDDING! Just tell him and all info is kept confidential just make sure you tell him that confidentiality is a big thing with you! good luck and keep us posted.

Top Bottom