Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Carbo-blockers" from the '70s

DrJMW: Nice report! It's pretty 2-sided though and I am pretty unsure "who" to believe. I have read the same things: Reports/studies furnished by the Mayo Clinic (and others) and they all seem to report "0" benefits from Phaseolamine. Then, there are the Supplement companies (of course they have an "interest" in PROVING its efficacy!) and they report the same studies with benefits !!!???? Who do you believe????

well has anyone found prices for this stuff yet? someone should supplement it into their next keto/cutting phase and see if there is a noticable difference (i'd try it but i'm bulking right now)

ReId
Sheep fear me!

Acarbose
(Precose, United States; Prandase, Canada)
More drugs used for Diabetes.
Use:
Acarbose, Precose or Prandase is used in non insulin dependant diabetes to lower blood glucose levels.

How It Works:
Acarbose, Precose or Prandase is an alpha glucosidase inhibitor meaning that it inhibits this enzyme which is responsible for the breakdown of carbohydrates in the gastro intestinal tract. The carbohydrates are not broken down into sugars, that is glucose, and thus are not able to be absorbed into the body.
Acarbose, Precose or Prandase is intended as an adjunct to diet, and for maximum effect must be taken with the first bite of the largest meal of the day.

Side Effects:
Acarbose, Precose or Prandase can cause gas, bloating, and diarrhea due to the undigested carbohydrates in the bowel.

Cautions for People:
People with inflammatory bowel disease, ulcers of the colon, intestinal obstruction, or chronic intestinal diseases should be careful due to the undigested carbohydrates left in the bowel. People with any condition that intestinal gas may aggravate, for example hernias, may want to avoid Acarbose, Precose or Prandase.
Acarbose, Precose or Prandase does not cause weight loss.

Drug Interactions:
Acarbose, Precose or Prandase by itself can not cause too low a blood glucose levels - hypoglycemia - but in combination with other diabetic medication can result in this condition.
Drugs that elevate blood glucose levels - thiazide diuretics, furosemide, corticosteroids, phenothiazines, thyroid, estrogen, oral contraceptives, isoniazid - can reduce Acarbose, Precose or Prandase's effect.
Cholestyramine may enhance Acarbose, Precose or Prandase's effectiveness. Antacids do not appear to interact with Acarbose, Precose or Prandase, but they will not have any effect on the gas or bloating.

"Carbo-blockers"

They were marketed as "starch blockers" . The biggest problem with them is that the un/partially digested carbs caused unholy gas attacks. Think of turning a baked potato into beans and saurkraut. I don't recall the active ingrediant.

Top Bottom