Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"Androgenic" verses "Anabolic"

Whacked

Who can break it down for me (besides the basics of Anabolic = growth and androgenic = masculinization)? I am looking for a DEEPER explanation with regard to the gear that is Androgenic and the gear that is Anabolic and how it all effects me.

Thank you

This is basic. Andro is what gives you the immediate size and strength (and bloat) and what you loose right away after termination of cycle. Anabolic is what the quality hardness and muscle comes from and is what you keep when you come off if you continue to diet and train hard.

2vascular said:
This is basic. Andro is what gives you the immediate size and strength (and bloat) and what you loose right away after termination of cycle. Anabolic is what the quality hardness and muscle comes from and is what you keep when you come off if you continue to diet and train hard.

That's not true at all. Fina & masteron are androgens and they don't bloat at all. Androgens are what give you muscle hardness & strength but also the male side effects such as high blood pressure.

You might try reading this old post of mine for a complete breakdown of this. p.s. you are 2/2 on kickass newbie questions!

Seems like the literature I have read states that anabolics are preferred for cycles over androgenics because androgenics have a lot of negative side effects such as virilization (which women don't want) and male pattern baldness. Depending on what you take either they are more anabolic or androgenic or possibly a combination of the two, you just have to do your research.

In other words, (this will make sense after the link is read) androgenic means actions at the androgen receptor (AR) OUTSIDE the skeletal muscle, e.g. hair, prostate, skin, etc. The term androgen got applied because these are also the main secondary sex characteristics and side effects that develop in puberty, when androgen activity spikes. Anabolic means activity at the androgen receptor WITHIN the skeletal muscle. These are slippy terms though, because some people say "androgenic substances" to refer to anabolic steroids in general because we are still talking about activity at the androgen receptor in either case. Except for non-androgen receptor anabolics: dbol, winny, etc. These have little measured activity at the androgen receptor anywhere, at all. They presumably act at various glucocorticoid receptors, explaining why they are often more effective in ectomorphs, and indirectly increase androgen activity in many mysterious ways. This is because older, "messy" drugs are often less well understood then newer, receptor-specific substances, like primo, e.g. These are three basic terms: anabolic, androgenic, AR anabolic, and non-AR anabolic.

Nice read majatsu ... i bumped it up for you. I agree ... great newbie question. Newbies like you make this world a better place to live in. The ones that seem eager to learn always get the best advice.

Mavy

Top Bottom