Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about Sodium

James3703

I understand sodium causes water retentsion. With my current diet Im eating like 4000-5500mg a day of it (healthy food) but I noticed the weight on the scale kinda went up a little bit.

With Sodium you gain water weight but does that mean if I cut the sodium out the weight will just go away in a few day either way? Should I worry about it?

That's a lot of sodium...what food are you eating that has that much in it? Yeah, when you lower it, it likely will cause weight loss due to not holding in water...

Why are you worried about weight fluctuation over a few day period? Thats way too small a sample period to really know what the cause is

Thats true I shouldnt worry about weight lose over such a short time. Im eating stuff like Peanut butter, Canned Chicken(Tons of sodium), Tuna, string cheese (not much), skim milk, protein shakes

Unrefined salt is good for us and its really tough to get too much of it. Sodium from processed food however is a different animal all together and should be avoided. If nutrition is a concern of your ditch the processed food which includes almost everything you listed.

Thats true I shouldnt worry about weight lose over such a short time. Im eating stuff like Peanut butter, Canned Chicken(Tons of sodium), Tuna, string cheese (not much), skim milk, protein shakes

I question your assumption that heavily proccessed peanut butter with a bunch of sugar and HFCS, and canned chicken are healthy...

I also believe that skim milk actually will make you fatter than whole milk. Without the fat from whole milk, the milk sugars tend to spike insulin, leading to longer periods where fat burning is shut off in your body...another example of people looking at macronutrient content without knowing the context of how it affects their hormonal levels which is the ultimate determiner of your weight gain/loss

The healthiest foods almost always have only one ingredient, ie, broccoli only has broccoli as an ingredient

Avoid any type of prepared food, including frozen or canned, and of course take out, and you should be fine. That and drink a gallon of water a day. If these are new approaches to you, you will see a difference just around your face and neck in a week.

That and drink a gallon of water a day.

ideally unchlorinated and unfluoridated. Fluoride is NOT an essential mineral, has no use for our bodies at all BUT it does displace iodine which is essential.

the body needs some sodium but having 4000-5000mgs of it is fuking unhealthy! drop the sodium down to 1000-1250 and you'll see some nicer leaner gains.

Ya its just hard to cut out the canned chicken as its way cheaper and quicker to prepare but ill try to work something else out

I think, in the long run, we all go through periods of time where canned chicken or tuna are just facts of life due to time constraints. But using a crock pot, raw boneless chicken breast is actually cheaper, and just throwing 2 1/2 pounds in with a can of stewed tomatoes at night will give you all the protein you need for the next day.

Top Bottom