Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about salbutamol (albuterol)

EngiCream

High End Bro
Platinum
Hello, I have been taking albuterol for about 12 years because of asthma. I was wondering if this medicine works the same way in which clenbuterol and ephedrine do. I mean, would albuterol eventually down-regulate the beta 2 receptors like those two drugs do? I ask this because I was wondering if using an ECA stack or Clenbuterol would have much affect on me since my Beta 2 receptors may already be down-regulated because of 12 years of albuterol use. Thanks for your input.

EngiCream

salbutamol is a relative of clenbuterol and I have read a couple of studies that indicate it has anabolic properties. For that reason it is on the I.O.C banned list. However, before you get too overjoyed.. if you are using the inhaled version - forget getting an anabolic effect. Too small a dose. Inhaler salbutamol is a small dose because it is delivered straight to the lungs. If however you have the oral salbutamol then that is probably half as effective as clenbuterol for the same dose.

Interestingly, at the last olympics it was estimated that 60% of the athletes there were using salbutamol inhalants (at a dose the I.O.C allows for 'genuine' asthma - i.e. a low dose). I cannot remember the source of this info - but it was authentic. 60% of olympic standard athletes prescribed sal for asthma.. go figure.. they must be using it for its bronchodilation properties as opposed to its anabolic properties.

Both are beta 2 selective bronchiodialators and will downregulate receptors with continued use. How often are you using your inhaler. Albuterol has a short half-life so if you only use it once a day or as need occasionally, I wouldn't worry about downregulation. If downregulation does occur, your inhaler might not be effective when used to breath :worried:

Hey, thanks for the replys. I rarely have to use my inhaler. The albuterol that I was talking about is the tabs, albuterol sulfate. They are 4mg tabs and I take one in the morning and one at night. That's why I was wondering if any downregulation could be occuring since I've been taking this same dose daily for around 12 years.

Top Bottom