Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about Digestion

Curious II

Does anyone here know much about the digestive cycle. I was always under the impression that it took anywhere from 2-3 hours for food to go through the entire digestion process to become available for usage in the body. The reason I ask is because people keep asking how long after a workout should they eat a high protein meal. If it takes food this long to be used then wouldn't it be prudent to eat your high protein meals before your workouts...that way it would be available for usage in the body immediately after exercise. Just a thought.

If you are training for an endurance event it is recommended that you get plenty of carbs the night before that way your body will have them available the next day. Hence a similar thought that they need time to be available.

I think it would just be in the best interest of your body to get a steady flow of protein all day long that way your body will have it available when it needs it.
------------------
"That Which Does Not Kill You Makes You Stronger"

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Hunter S. Thompson

[This message has been edited by Curious II (edited October 17, 2000).]

I just eat a good, balanced meal, every 2-3 hours, every day, all day, with a shake in the middle of the night...then when it's time to cut up, just make the portions smaller and cut some carbs out...K.I.S.S.

------------------
GIG 'EM, Badkins21
[email protected]
http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/badkins
"Get BIG, or get the f*ck out," "Smoke it 'til your fingers burn," "The world IS mine!!"

You have to understand that when you say 2-3 hours you're talking about food, not supplements. now if you're taking in pre-digested proteins post workout then absorbing them within 30 mins is no problem at all.

------------------
e2.jpg

Good point E2. I don't think a lot of people realize that though.

------------------
"That Which Does Not Kill You Makes You Stronger"

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Hunter S. Thompson

Top Bottom