Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pyridoxine(B6)

S

Spartacus

Signs of a Vitamin B6 deficiency include: depression, anxiety, loss of libido, insomnia, water retention, inability to process glucose (weight loss/gain).

I'm trying to hunt down some info on B6 regarding the above symptoms.
I can't search "b6" becuase it's too short
and "vitamin b6" returns every post with vitamin in it
pyridoxine doesn't get mentioned enough in full

I remember recommending supplementing on the order of 600mg a day
megadosing

Re: pyroxidine(B6)

It is thought that this effect may be due to the role this vitamin plays in the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin

the discussion is steroid related as many of the B6 deficiency symptoms are the same as post-cycle negative effects
it was macro's b6 comment on a PCT thread that got me interested

4everhung said:
the discussion is steroid related as many of the B6 deficiency symptoms are the same as post-cycle negative effects
it was macro's b6 comment on a PCT thread that got me interested

I'm not certain what comment(s) you are talking about, but in general I caution steroid using athletes from taking any more B6 than is necessary to avoid a deficiency. In other words, just take the bare minimum of it, and no more, for optimal results. Any more would have adverse effects on your cycle and probably post cycle as well.

Anthony Roberts said:
I'm not certain what comment(s) you are talking about, but in general I caution steroid using athletes from taking any more B6 than is necessary to avoid a deficiency. In other words, just take the bare minimum of it, and no more, for optimal results. Any more would have adverse effects on your cycle and probably post cycle as well.
doesn't b6 lower prolactin levels? and isnt it recommended as a cheap OTC alternative to cabaser/cabergoline for lactation issues

jmead said:
doesn't b6 lower prolactin levels? and isnt it recommended as a cheap OTC alternative to cabaser/cabergoline for lactation issues

Yes. But I believe that the same properties that make it good for that kind of thing also make it lower androgen transcription levels also. I posted this information on steroid.com and SSB awhile ago and quite a few members chimed in saying that when they took B6 their cycles seemed less effective.

J Biol Chem. 1992 Feb 25;267(6):3819-24.
Vitamin B6 modulates transcriptional activation by multiple members of the steroid hormone receptor superfamily.Allgood VE, Cidlowski JA.
Department of Physiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599-7545.

Recent studies have shown that vitamin B6 modulates transcriptional activation by the human glucocorticoid receptor in HeLa S3 cells. We have now examined the possibility that vitamin B6 might similarly influence transcriptional activation by the glucocorticoid receptor in other cell types, as well as gene expression mediated by other members of the steroid hormone receptor superfamily. We show that elevated vitamin B6 concentrations suppress by 40-65% the level of transcription mediated through the endogenous murine L cell glucocorticoid receptor, as well as the human receptor transfected into E8.2 and T47D cells. In contrast, glucocorticoid receptor-mediated transcription was enhanced 60-110% in mild vitamin deficiency. The level of hormone-independent constitutive gene expression was not affected by these same alterations in vitamin B6 concentration. These studies indicated that the transcriptional modulatory effects of the vitamin were neither restricted to specific cell types nor limited to the human form of the glucocorticoid receptor. We next determined if hormone-induced transcription by several other steroid receptors (androgen, progesterone, and estrogen receptors) was analogously affected by alterations in vitamin B6 concentration. Analysis of gene expression mediated through the mouse mammary tumor virus promoter revealed that transcriptional activation of both the androgen and progesterone receptors was reduced by 35-40% under conditions of elevated vitamin B6 and enhanced by 60-90% in deficiency, again under conditions where constitutive expression was unaffected. Using a different promoter, the estrogen-regulated vitellogenin promoter, we found that transcriptional activation of the estrogen receptor was similarly affected. Estrogen-induced gene expression was reduced by 30% under conditions of elevated intracellular vitamin B6 and enhanced by 85% in vitamin deficiency. Thus, vitamin B6 modulates transcriptional activation by multiple classes of steroid hormone receptors. The similarities in vitamin B6 effects on transcription mediated through different promoters, the mouse mammary tumor virus and vitellogenin promoters, suggest that this vitamin may modulate the expression of a diverse array of hormonally responsive genes. These observations together support the hypothesis that vitamin B6 represents a physiological modulator of steroid hormone action.

PMID: 1310983 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

from what I researched if you're gonna megadose a B vitamin
then megadose them across the board
they compete for absorption in the GI track

Top Bottom