Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pulling back to check for blood

Pat Mycroch

O.k. how the hell are you supposed pull back the plunger to check for blood when you are injecting in your glute? Is it really neccessary? What will happen if you inject in a blood vessel?

Thanx

I can do it with one hand. I hold the syringe with my pinky finger and use my thumb to push up and aspirate.

The worst thing that could happen if you inject into a vein is death. :D

this gets covered on here over and over about every other day.

it is called aspirating.
you want to do it b/c at best you will totally waste the gegar if it goes into a vein (it will get transported to your lungs and exhaled in little oily dropplets) and worst case it will hurt like hell and you will feel like you are dying.
if it is in your glute, you use one hand to hold the body of the syringe and the other to pull back on the plunger, then look for blood - if no blood and just an air bubble, then inject it in, if yes blood, then pull it out and stick it in somewhere else (I usually put a new pin on it).

if you are not flexible enoguh or don't have mirrors, then there are always the quad and delt sites as well for your shots. I personally don't like the delts, but the quads have been great for me.

I agree the quads are a great site to inject. You can see everything that you need to and make sure the aspirating is done. If you are not flexible enough to do the glute then move it to the quad, it is worth it!

If you are injecting into the glute, I think it is pointless to pull back. The glute is a muscle that does not contain many viens, and when was the last time you got a shot at the doctor? Did they pull back??? No, they didn't, because there is really no reason for it. That is why they give shots in your ass. Now, injecting into a quad, yes I would pull back, since it is a muscle group packed with viens. I think for begginers, pulling back is just going to confuse them. First time injections are not going to be smooth b/c of an itchy trigger finger. If they found a little blood (likely) they would toss the perfectly good gear? Aspiration is an issue blown way out of porportion. That is my 2cents. Flame me if you want, but I think it is wasted effort. Just shoot it and be done with it.

Top Bottom